Engine Immobilizer System

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Engine Immobilizer System

Does anyone else see their "Engine Immobilizer" light/icon flashing upon powering down their TCH? Perhaps I just never noticed it blinking on and off before as I walk away from the car. My wife tells me that I am losing it and she asks me - how can you have owned the car for the last 6 weeks without noticing this before?

Is it supposed to blink constantly until you start the car again? The owner manual seems to indicate this but I am not sure. The light/icon is a car with embedded key and the word "security"

Please tell me that I am only having a blue hair moment and that is the way it is supposed to work. Please advise.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Engine Immobilizer System

It is blinking all the time after I turn the engine off and lock the door. If I come back later without the key fob and look thru the window, it is blinking.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Enthusiast

I am glad someone else sees the same thing. Thank you

Anyone else out there see the same thing?

Old 09-21-2006, 04:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure that blinking means the security system is active.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I see my red security light blinking up by the clock. Is that what u are talking about?

Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes it is your security system telling you it's working. Walk away knowing a thief will have a tougher time than normal when he steals your car

Last edited by Al Froio; 09-22-2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

With the Engine immobilizer is there any place I get additional details on how it works, how it's triggered, ect.

Is it basically an alarm system that prevents the engine from starting based on what type of activity? Glass breakage, ect....

Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoomerangThree
With the Engine immobilizer is there any place I get additional details on how it works, how it's triggered, ect.

Is it basically an alarm system that prevents the engine from starting based on what type of activity? Glass breakage, ect....
It is only an engine immobilizer as far as I know. I added on the optional security upgrade which adds an audible alarm with glass breakage sensor. On that note, I have to bring mine back to the dealer because when I test the glass breakage sensor (using the procedure outlined in the manual) it doesn't work. <sigh>