EV Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question EV Mod

I read about EV Mode hack for Prius. Is there a similar mod/hack for TCH?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: EV Mod

No. That's because the Prius already has the EV button programme in the vehicle so we're just adding the switch. The TCH has no such programming.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
No. That's because the Prius already has the EV button programme in the vehicle so we're just adding the switch. The TCH has no such programming.
I thought TCH uses identical bigger version of Prius system.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crasher
I thought TCH uses identical bigger version of Prius system.
correct. The electric motors and battery are more powerful than those used in the Prius but that has nothing to do with the computer program that's in the Prius. The reason the Prius can be "hacked" is because it DOES have the EV button (like the LS600h L and the 2008 Highlander Hybrid) everywhere else in the world except North America. Fortunately, someone figured out that while the button wasn't there, Toyota ships the cars with the computer program anyway. So all we need to do is to add a switch. The TCH doesn't have the EV button anywhere (it's only sold in North America).

Think of it this way:

The Prius is like a house that has all the wiring and light bulbs but no light switches. All we need to do is add a switch to turn on the lights

The TCH is like a bare house. It has no wiring nor light bulbs. Adding a light switch does nothing.