Fake Chrome Lower Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fake Chrome Lower Grill

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
I bought chromed door edge guards at Autozone for $3.00. They are 27 inches long and will need to be trimmed. Look just as good.
Thanks for the info. I got a pair from Advance Auto Parts for almost $3.00. Installed it last night, and had to cut about 2" to fit. Looks great and took me less than 5 minutes to slip it on.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Did you guys do the bottom lip as well? I got the package that was rolled up at Autozone during lunch. It was a 9 ft roll. It was a pain to get on initially because it was coiled. I ended up popping the grill off and pulling it out. That made it easy. It seemed like it was missing something with the bottom row not done.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Did you guys do the bottom lip as well? I got the package that was rolled up at Autozone during lunch. It was a 9 ft roll. It was a pain to get on initially because it was coiled. I ended up popping the grill off and pulling it out. That made it easy. It seemed like it was missing something with the bottom row not done.
The one I got from Advance Auto Parts is a two piece chrome door edge guard. It was not coiled but in a straight cardboard box. I saw the one that's coiled but it was more expensive and it said "for trucks" on the packaging. So, there was just enough for the two middle parts. Didn't do the bottom lip.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Driving in stealth mode

I wasn't sure if I needed 2 or 3 pieces so I went with the other one you saw. They only had one of the "straight" kind that you got and I didn't want to do it half way. It was on sale for $4 something and I did all 3. If it doesn't stay right I will go back and just get the 2 piece box. Heck it'll still be under 10 dollars.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Yes, after I received the item and saw exactly what it is, I would have just gone over to AutoZone and purchased a roll of this stuff, I heard it's about $10 for something like 20ft. Basically, the EBay seller has measured the length of various grills and simply sends you a pre-cut strip matching your specific car. What a racket! Oh well, live and learn.

Thats what I did. Bought 10 feet for $14. Figured it will not stay pretty and shiny long so I'll just cut another couple of pieces and replace it.