Finding Mobile1 0W-20

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Finding Mobile1 0W-20

My TCH has 3400+ miles and my dealership recommends oil changes every 3500 miles. I contacted them a while back to find out if the lifetime free oil changes that come with my car are 0W-20 and they are not (surprise, surprise), however the only thing I will have to pay is the cost of the oil and they stock Mobile 1 0W-20, HOWEVER it's $7.00 per quart. The service manager with whom I spoke said that I could get 0W-20 cheaper elsewhere and if I choose to do that I can bring my own oil in for the oil change and then my oil change will be totally free. I think this is great until I start trying to FIND Mobile 1 0W-20.

Two auto parts chain stores in the area don't have it. They don't carry 0 weights, they tell me.

I called BJ's Wholesale, and they don't have it.

So, I call Target... the guy in the automotive department tells me that, "There is no such thing as 0W-20." Ummm, yeah... OK. Anyway, they don't have it either OBVIOUSLY.

I am loathe to call Wal-Mart, because I hate them (say whatever you want, I can despise Wal-Mart if I so desire, this is America). Wal-Mart is what the service manager suggested when she suggested that I buy the oil myself.

I actually got on the phone and called Exxon Mobile myself (no joke) and the guy that answered said that any store that sells Mobile 1 products can get me 0W-20, but I may have to ask to have it ordered specifically for me. Oh great.

So, I am beginning to think it might be better to just pay the $7.00 per quart and save myself the hassle of trying to find the oil myself.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Finding Mobil1 0W-20

Sorry to tell you, but Walmart was where I found Mobil1 0W-20 for about $4 something per quart. The $7 the dealer wants to charge is a ripoff. And if I were you and the dealer promised FREE lifetime oil changes, I would make them deliver with either 0W-20 or 5W-20 as listed in the owners manual(even if it wasn't Mobil1). And if they refused, I'd appeal this up to regional Toyota mgt.

Last edited by TKCamry; 11-01-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Default Re: Finding Mobile1 0W-20

I believe in my case the free oil change would be 5W-20, but I'm not certain of that. I want 0W-20, though, and I don't mind paying more for it. $7.00 per quart is less than what my husband was paying the VW dealer for full synthetic oil changes on his old 99 TDI Jetta, but everything seemed overpriced with VW (which is why my husband is now driving a 2007 Yaris ).

I'd rather pay $7.00 per quart to my Toyota dealer than $4.00 per quart from Wal-Mart. Fortunately, after much Googling and calling around I found a place that has Mobile 1 0W-20 for a little over $5 per quart. I can buy it by the quart or the case from them. I'll be picking up a case .

Oh, and while we were searching my husband found a place online that has it for $3-something per quart, but who knows if they are trustworthy .

Old 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM

I too avoid Walmart as much as possible as well but have to go there for the 0W20. I know the AUTOZONE by me said they are getting a lot more requests for 0W20 so they will look into it, but not holding my breathe

Old 11-01-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
I believe in my case the free oil change would be 5W-20, but I'm not certain of that. I want 0W-20, though, and I don't mind paying more for it. $7.00 per quart is less than what my husband was paying the VW dealer for full synthetic oil changes on his old 99 TDI Jetta, but everything seemed overpriced with VW (which is why my husband is now driving a 2007 Yaris ).

I'd rather pay $7.00 per quart to my Toyota dealer than $4.00 per quart from Wal-Mart. Fortunately, after much Googling and calling around I found a place that has Mobile 1 0W-20 for a little over $5 per quart. I can buy it by the quart or the case from them. I'll be picking up a case .

Oh, and while we were searching my husband found a place online that has it for $3-something per quart, but who knows if they are trustworthy .

Walmarts by me the 0W20 is over $5 a quart, proces have gone up over the last year or so.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I ended up settling for 5W-20 Mobil 1 - I got a case of 6 at a local Meijer store for about $34.

I tried Wal-Mart (which I also HATE), but they only had 2 quarts of the 0W-20.

I had my car into the dealer to get the headlight aim adjusted (still post-bambi adjustments), and they would only charge for labor and the filter if I brought my own oil.

All told, it ended up being about a $57 oil change.

I might have to look into doing my own oil changes when the weather is decent! That just seems like too much.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mobil 0W-20 in South Carolina walmart is $6.27 per quart. Looks like there is major variations by state/regions.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, I got 8 qts of 100% fully synthetic 0W-20 at Wal-Mart in NC and paid 5.92/qt. Although I will do my own oil change, I know it will cost me around $36 (including tax and toyota oil filter) but I do not mind, because I know it will get done right

Old 11-01-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by agnosto
Yep, I got 8 qts of 100% fully synthetic 0W-20 at Wal-Mart in NC and paid 5.92/qt. Although I will do my own oil change, I know it will cost me around $36 (including tax and toyota oil filter) but I do not mind, because I know it will get done right
You shoudl try the Mobil1 Filter, it is one of the best on the market. I have used Mobil1 Oil and Filters exclusively for over 10 years now.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
You shoudl try the Mobil1 Filter, it is one of the best on the market. I have used Mobil1 Oil and Filters exclusively for over 10 years now.
Where do you get the Mobil 1 filters?

Quick Reply: Finding Mobile1 0W-20

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands