Free Bra from Colgan

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Free Bra from Colgan

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a bra for my TCH, and I stumbled across this offer from Colgan Custom. http://www.colgancustom.com/wanted.php

Seems they need a test vehicle to do some measurements on in Southern California. If any of you live down near Fountain Valley and can give up your car for at least three days, it sounds like a good deal.

Mark

Old 05-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Free Bra from Colgan

Purchased a Calgon Car Bra for a 2009 TCH. I ordered the 2008 model, assuming there were no changes for 09. The first install took about a half an hour to attach to the hood and front end. Now, I have had it on for 3 weeks. Decided to take it off today to get the car washed. No damage to the finish, even though the car went through numerous rain storms and also collected a fair amount of dirt from the pollen and seedlings collected this spring season. After applying a coat of wax it took about 1 minute to re-attach the hood piece and about 3 minutes to re-attach the front end. Add another 5 minutes or so to smooth, stretch, and tug out the cover to assure a clean fit. My TCH is black, so the bra matches fairly well. Not sure if I would have purchased it if my car was any other color. The Colgan Bra is extremely well made and has soft flannel insides to protect the car finish.
My daily commute is North to Central New Jersey via 287. Anyone who drives this route knows it is heavily used by dump trucks - there are quite a few quarries in this area. My prior vehicle - a Rav4: the front end paint was literally sand blasted away in 5 years with this commute, and, I also went through two windshields during its lifetime. Hopefully this will help, after 3 weeks, no chips, no marks at all. Will keep you posted.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Free Bra from Colgan

Purchased a Colgan Car Bra for a 2009 TCH from www.autoanything.com. I ordered the 2008 model, assuming there were no changes for 09. The first install took about a half an hour to attach to the hood and front end. Now, I have had it on for 3 weeks. Decided to take it off today to get the car washed. No damage to the finish, even though the car went through numerous rain storms and also collected a fair amount of dirt from the pollen and seedlings collected this spring season. After applying a coat of wax it took about 1 minute to re-attach the hood piece and about 3 minutes to re-attach the front end. Add another 5 minutes or so to smooth, stretch, and tug out the cover to assure a clean fit. My TCH is black, so the bra matches fairly well. Not sure if I would have purchased it if my car was any other color. The Colgan Bra is extremely well made and has soft flannel insides to protect the car finish.
My daily commute is North to Central New Jersey via 287. Anyone who drives this route knows it is heavily used by dump trucks - there are quite a few quarries in this area. My prior vehicle - a Rav4: the front end paint was literally sand blasted away in 5 years with this commute, and, I also went through two windshields during its lifetime. Hopefully this will help, after 3 weeks, no chips, no marks at all. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by jeffgl21; 05-17-2008 at 03:09 PM.