"Headlights On" Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default "Headlights On" Warning

I've searched the threads and the owners manual but can't find anything that explains if a warning chime should sound if you leave your headlights on (in manual mode) after turning the car off.

As the days get shorter, I need my headlights when I leave for work and sometimes don't notice that they're on when I arrive since it's light out. So far I've remembered to turn them off but I'm sure I'll get distracted one morning and forget.

After reading some earlier threads about "auto" mode not working that great I'm leery of using it.

Should a warning sound if my lights are left on?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Headlights On" Warning

Originally Posted by klynch
After reading some earlier threads about "auto" mode not working that great I'm leery of using it....
The "auto" mode works great! It's just a few owners that are unsure if they automatically turn off after the appropriate time. (hint: They do!) Try using the auto feature, I'm sure you will quickly get to like it as much as you like everything else about your TCH!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Dazed and Confused

The only down side to the auto mode is the DRL. I personally don't care for DRL, and that is just an additional electrical drain on the system that eats more fuel. I do though leave mine in the auto mode just because I have it on my truck (w/o DRL), and have grown to really love it. Nothing better than just jumping in the car and hitting the start button, then throwing it in drive and going, not worring about all the extra switches you might need to turn on or off.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ditto on the auto lights...they are terrific. No fuss no worry...but what is DRL? Sometimes there are a few too many acronyms (not correct definition but couldn't come up with correct word....) used with no definition!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by belbe
Ditto on the auto lights...they are terrific. No fuss no worry...but what is DRL? Sometimes there are a few too many acronyms (not correct definition but couldn't come up with correct word....) used with no definition!
DRL = Daytime Running Lights

Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by belbe
Don't like the TLAs? (three letter acronyms)

Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've had no issues with the Auto setting. And DRLs, tho a small drain (on the 12 volt system, BTW), make so much of a difference in visibility on less than perfect weather days I wish they would make them mandatory.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 AM
HSD Organic Interface

I'm a 100% "Auto" setting man myself, but I am going to have them reprogrammed to change the 30 second delay to "0". DRLs are a no-brainer for me as they are mandatory here...

Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Don't like the TLAs? (three letter acronyms)
Do something about it! Join The TTP Project!

-- Alan

Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Loonbeam
I've had no issues with the Auto setting. And DRLs, tho a small drain (on the 12 volt system, BTW), make so much of a difference in visibility on less than perfect weather days I wish they would make them mandatory.
DRL's are only partially to help you see better. I think a bigger issue is helping you be seen better. On my commute I'm on 2 lane roads where you go from sun to driving under the trees. When you're in the sun and someone coming the other way is under the trees it's sometimes almost impossible to see them, especially on those sunny days. The DRLs probably do nothing for the driver in the car in the shade - his eyes are acclimated. However, to the other driver the DRLs on that car are the difference between seeing him clearly (or at least his DRLs) and not knowing he's there.

Quick Reply: "Headlights On" Warning

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands