HEEELLLLPPPPP !!!! NAV system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default HEEELLLLPPPPP !!!! NAV system

Hey people i'm new to this nation.
i own an 2007 TCH with navigation 4 cd changer.
for a reason i accedently unplugged the navigation unit plug when turning it back it was stuck on (NO DVD Inserted, Insert map DVD).
no audio system working and nothing else just the monitor slides and takes map dvd.
i don't need the navigation system because it's not supported in my country.
and i have an US map dvd which is scratched alot too.
i just need the audio system to turn back on and other screen functionalities like hybrid screen and phone.
any one please help me.
thanks alot.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HEEELLLLPPPPP !!!! NAV system

Okay now, take a deep breath. Then another. Then another.
What exactly did you do? Why did you unplug the nav unit?
Did you make sure to get all the plugs back in all the right places?
There is One that will go into either of two sockets, did you make sure they were all seated fully? Did anny of them go in very difficultly? They should go in fairly easy. If not, you may have a bent pin.

The first suggestion would be to turn everything off, disconnect the (small) battery, wait 60 seconds, and reattach the battery. Then turn things back on, you may just need to do a 'reboot' of the systems.

Usually, when things goes wrong, it has something to do with the last thing you did.
1) Do a reboot.
2) Check all connections.
3) Tell us what happened.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Rebooting may do the job...instead of pulling the battery cable I would suggest pulling the fuse fro 30 seconds to a minute and then reinsert the fuse.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

thanx thanx alot guys for the help and i'm appreciating alot the posts trying to help me.
ok now everything just came to work fine again.
i went to the toyota dealer and he fixed the problem.
and for future issues; the navigation unit need navigation dvd for the first time after unplugging the power.
i don't need the navigation system in my country because it's not supported, but still i need any valid navigation dvd to start the unit after unplugging the power.
now the main problem i unplugged the unit for is the sound system when raising the volume above 50 till the max, (while the car is running) the sound becomes not clear and specificly the bass beats becomes annoying so i tried to add a new direct power line thinking that there is power weakness. the 12 V is great, the speakers are great because when rising the volume while directing the sound front only or rear only the sound stay good. and adding new power lines to the navigation did not solve the problem.
today i was told by toyota that there is an amplifier under the passenger seat so the navigation unit is not my target anymore.
do i have to change the amplifier now??

Old 02-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magma
do i have to change the amplifier now??
Leave it as is, turn the volume down and save your hearing.