Help with my new TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help with my new TCH

Originally Posted by TomS
It has been annoying me too, so I took it to the dealer and they said it was not possible to change the air intake settings. There is no manual air intake in their computer settings.

How can I prove to them that it can be changed to stop auto recirc mode?
Here is a file I downloaded just after I received my TCH last year:

I believe that the entry you're interested in is the second line item.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IN_41-44_Customize.pdf (28.0 KB, 82 views)
Old 09-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

This has been discussed several times in the past year. It can be done.

Have them change the air inlet mode to manual...it's a 5 minute job.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks fellows, I will try again, armed with this information, but I already asked them to change the air inlet to manual and they said it couldn't be done and that it was not a setting they could change. It makes you wonder about the competence of Toyota's service people.

I have emailed Toyota Canada and wonder if I will get a response. If I do, I will post it here.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by TomS
Thanks fellows, I will try again, armed with this information, but I already asked them to change the air inlet to manual and they said it couldn't be done and that it was not a setting they could change. It makes you wonder about the competence of Toyota's service people.

I have emailed Toyota Canada and wonder if I will get a response. If I do, I will post it here.
When I had mine done (along with changing the auto headlight off delay), I simply took a printout of the customizable parameters, highlighted the ones I wanted changed and circled the new settings I wanted. The service guy asked to keep the sheet, which really helped them know exactly what I wanted, instead of trying to type in an explanation on the work order. No problems...

Old 09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast

Success! I took the printouts from the service manual ,and a printout from the IGuide showing the settings, and went to the dealer and handed them over. They took the printouts into the shop, came back and got my TCH, and ten minutes later it was done!!

I didn't charge them anything for the education!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Going to try to do this tomorrow... Warm season's just starting up and it annoys me driving along for a few minutes before I realize it's still so hot because the car came on in recirc mode. I don't feel any need to turn the fan on in warm weather unless I go for a burst of AC (don't usually though) so what possible benefit there could be from keeping the hot air trapped inside is beyond me. Hoping to nip this one in the bud this year, heh. But had to dig up the pdf with the settings after the phone call with the dealership sounding baffled as to what I was asking for.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast

Geez, all you have to do is push the recirc button!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast

I found that if you hit the MAP button while the warning is up on the screen it clears it out and takes you right to the map, which allows you to quickly enter the destination screen.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imagrn1
Geez, all you have to do is push the recirc button!
I understand all you have to do is hit the recirc button, but say it's 80 out, raining so I don't want to open the windows, I get in the car with my loads of stuff, start, get moving, and it's the first 80 degree day in months--do I really need to stop and pay attention to whether today is the day it decided I don't need fresh air? When it gets warm should I be required to hit the recirc button every single time I get into the car to stop it from doing something it never should do in the first place? Plus it's inconsistent (or I'm sure it's consistent but the conditions that will cause it to start in recirc don't really matter to me--slight change in humidity isn't going to affect whether I want fresh air to be coming into the car or not), so it doesn't do it most of the time, so why would I look at it after months of it not behaving that way? So I'm driving a good 5 minutes or more before I even realize that today's one of those days! Tell me it makes more sense to have that aggravation half the year rather than have the configuration change so that the car goes into recirc mode when *gasp* _I_ want it...!

And yes they were a little confused (not sure about the one who did the work but the people I dealt with) but the printout of the configuration options helped, and the change was presumably made. Guess I'll know for sure when I get through the summer without ever having to turn it off because it came on unwanted, hehe.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Enthusiast

I have had my 08 TCH now for over 2 months and love it! I am curious about three things:

1. I do not get the Agree screen, just a warning if I go to map -- for the 08/09 -- do you still see that? I know 07 had it; but they are able to override the navigation system which is nice.

2. I read in the manual that you can change a setting that allows you to open the windows of your car with the fob; has anyone done this successfully yet?

3. I tried to access the maintenance screen using the top left and bottom left touch sequency, but it does not work for me. I thought I remembered someone writing about a way to access this screen with the light options. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks -- love to come here and read all of the posts!

Quick Reply: Help with my new TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands