High Percentage of Hybrid Camrys in B.C.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default High Percentage of Hybrid Camrys in B.C.

I just read an interesting article in today's Financial Post ("'Switch has been thrown' on hybrid revolution", by Nicolas Van Praet) that makes the statement: "Four out of every 10 Camry cars Toyota sells in B.C. is a hybrid version."

Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: High Percentage of Hybrid Camrys in B.C.

Thats an interesting stat.. I read one stat a couple of years ago that said 1 in 5 new cars sold in the USA is sold in California (20%)!!.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hadn't seen the Canadian figures before, but at least in the USA hybrids are most popular on the west coast as well. According to hybridcars.com the three states with the highest per-capita registrations of hybrids are California, Oregon, and Washington, and the top ten metropolitan areas in per-capita registrations are all in those states.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I just read an interesting article in today's Financial Post ("'Switch has been thrown' on hybrid revolution", by Nicolas Van Praet) that makes the statement: "Four out of every 10 Camry cars Toyota sells in B.C. is a hybrid version."
I wouldn't be surprised. I see them EVERYWHERE. They're almost as common as the Camry LE, the volume seller. You want a rare Camry, you buy the XLE V6 lol. I've seen 2 or 3 so far since the Camry went on sale last year but the Hybrids... ooooh too many to count.

One of my local dealer has 3 silver ones all sold (plus one in the delivery bay). Another has a couple of Magnetic Greys coming in.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
I wouldn't be surprised. I see them EVERYWHERE. They're almost as common as the Camry LE, the volume seller. You want a rare Camry, you buy the XLE V6 lol. I've seen 2 or 3 so far since the Camry went on sale last year but the Hybrids... ooooh too many to count.

One of my local dealer has 3 silver ones all sold (plus one in the delivery bay). Another has a couple of Magnetic Greys coming in.
I had that impression, from what I've been reading in other threads. Here in Ottawa, I can go days without seeing one, and then I'll see three or four in the same afternoon. I don't know what the percentage of Hybrids is to Camrys here, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 10.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I had that impression, from what I've been reading in other threads. Here in Ottawa, I can go days without seeing one, and then I'll see three or four in the same afternoon. I don't know what the percentage of Hybrids is to Camrys here, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 10.
Really? then the government can't say they're green cause BC is greener

haha.

I wonder why though. Doesn't Ontario have the same $2,000 PST rebate? (which means it's on par with BC in terms of rebates for TCHs and Priuses)

Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
Really? then the government can't say they're green cause BC is greener

haha.

I wonder why though. Doesn't Ontario have the same $2,000 PST rebate? (which means it's on par with BC in terms of rebates for TCHs and Priuses)
Yes, we have the same $2000 rebate (which I'm still waiting to receive). After I wrote that I started to wonder if I'm right, or if my impression is just off. I'm going to start paying a little more attention, and see if I can't get a better sense of the numbers.
Now if the federal govt would get its act together, so I could apply for that rebate, I'd be happier...

Old 09-12-2007, 02:15 PM

lol.

Thankfully, they've changed the PST rebate structure since I bought the Prius. Originally, you pay the PST then send in a form. Now it's deducted at the point of purchase.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

I was followed by grey one today on Zero ave. There are also a lot of taxis going to the TCH. I think our warmer weather makes people feel more comfortable buying one here. I was in Regina last week and was asked how the mileage would be there when it's cold. I don't really know.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

During my daily commute, I will usually see at least one other TCH on the road. Also, I regularly see three parked either on the street or in driveways on my drive home. Interestingly enough all three are differnent colours (Silver, Black and Beige) I'd attribute it to the fact that gas is generally more expensive in the west.

Quick Reply: High Percentage of Hybrid Camrys in B.C.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands