How long to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default A little more data

Earlier I mentioned I thought the sales people were not being straight with me. Now I think that they were.

The problem I had was one sales person knew a car was coming in "soon" and didn't know the colors or options. His manager had all the details.

So some places have a waiting list, others don't apparently.

I'm still struggling to decide on the HCH vs. the TCH though. Any day now the Honda guy will call and I will have to.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How long to get one?

I got mine from Longo last week - put $500 deposit back in February to get on the waiting list. The sales guy kept in touch, their allocation from Toyota is 40% will be fully loaded (with Nav), 40% with leather, moonroof, but no Nav, and 20% the base model. Good luck if you're waiting for the base model... They are going for MSRP, I called around, no one else is willing to deal.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A little more data

Originally Posted by xoham
Earlier I mentioned I thought the sales people were not being straight with me. Now I think that they were.

The problem I had was one sales person knew a car was coming in "soon" and didn't know the colors or options. His manager had all the details.

So some places have a waiting list, others don't apparently.

I'm still struggling to decide on the HCH vs. the TCH though. Any day now the Honda guy will call and I will have to.
Follow up:
It turned out that one of the salespeople had already sold the car to a friend of the owner of the dealership. Boo. Therefore I went with the HCH2.

One of the Toyota dealers said that you could have the navigation put in after market. If you really want the navigation, and I am addicted to mine, I recommend working that out with your dealer. Get the options you want where possible, and try and do the rest aftermarket. Get written quotes and maybe make it a condition of the sale.

If I could have, I would have taken the TCH bare bones or near bare bones and had the navi put in after market. But I couldn't wait as my trade in car was about to fall apart like in the Blues Brothers.

Last edited by xoham; 05-30-2006 at 11:34 AM. Reason: ...