iPhone 3G? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPhone 3G? Help!

Apple forum seems to indicate it is not fixed. Some users reported it got worse. I haven't tried it yet myself.

Last edited by backupguy; 08-20-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
Apple forum systems to indicate it is not fixed. Some users reported it got worse. I haven't tried it yet myself.
Darn! Figures, it was probably in my head. Guess we will have to hold on to hope for FW 2.1!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

The new 2.1 firmware has been released. Anyone know if the echo problem is now fixed? I never really had the problem, so I can't test it.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

With this thread once being so hot, I am surprised no one is reporting back on the new Apple Firmware.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well I haven't received my TCH yet and I do not intend on swapping my original iPhone for a 3G iPhone until this issue has been resolved. I do not think this issue is limited to the Camry, I think it affects perhaps all vehicle bluetooth systems.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

I have the latest firmware and the echo in the TCH is worse than before. The echo is tolerable though.

I do not get the echo at all when using my Garmin unit in my other car (and did not get the echo with the non 3G Iphone). FYI, the latest firmware seems to have improved pretty much everything else about the phone, to the extent that for the first time I am happy that I upgraded from the first generation Iphone. No dropped calls since the upgrade and my signal is much stronger.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

so weird, I had both phones for about a month and never had the echo on the 3G. I went back to the original due to lack of 3G coverage around me.

Strange that some have it really bad and others have no problem at all.
My #1 is I want the address book to transfer...soo want that already.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

My guess is that everyone has the same echo, but some people notice it more. It could also be that some people keep the volume lower and that limits the echo.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast

The iPhone bluetooth problems with my 07 Camry (w/Nav) handsfree system seem to have been been addressed with the latest iPhone firmware 2.2.

Comments?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast
Arrow Re: iPhone 3G? Help!

My experience with Bluetooth Handsfree systems, which I've used with 5 different vehicles and 4 different phones (including iPhone and iPhone 3G), is that the quality is never great regardless of phone and what little quality differences are primarily related to the vehicle. That said, the sound quality in my 2009 TCH is the best of all the vehicles I have used. When I say sound quality I am referring to interference (static, feedback, buzzing, chopping, etc). To my original point, these artifacts are always present in my experience, just to differring degrees. The main culprit of these is electrical interference. To minimze this, unplug all accessories in your vehicle INCLUDING the phone (the DC adapter on the phone is the #1 cause of interference ), and turn off all accessories. Other sources of interference can be anything else electrical in the vehicle...the radio, heater, AC, windshield wipers. Turn all of those off as well during calls and see if the caller says the static improves (usually it is always good on your end so hard to tell). Other strategies include moving the phone around until you find a spot with minimal interference. This should be a lot easier, but having gone through several phones and handsfree system I can tell you it never is. Eventually by trial and error you will find a location that works, or the offending interference source and be able to turn it off. The DC adapter is the #1 offender, so if your iPhone is plugged in, unplug it during the phone call at a minimum. Also, keep in mind in addition to your phone's firmware, your vehicle's entertainment center also has a firmware that gets set at manufacture, and is only upgraded by the dealer if needed to fix a known service issue, or potentially as part of yearly NAV updates (althought I'm not certain these actually upgrade the firmware).

Quick Reply: iPhone 3G? Help!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands