ISSUE with NAVI DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default ISSUE with NAVI DVD

So, I have had the 09 TCH for a total of 4 days when the DVD/NAVI seems to have failed. Symptoms are
"DVD Check in Process" is displayed
Unable to load Menu
Unable to eject Map DVD
Map DVD is listed as "No Disc"

I would love to simply reset the DVD before driving out to the dealership but I can't find a way to force a DVD eject. Does anyone know how to or how to address this issue?
Thanks!
glueslug

Old 02-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ISSUE with NAVI DVD

Originally Posted by glueslug
So, I have had the 09 TCH for a total of 4 days when the DVD/NAVI seems to have failed. Symptoms are
"DVD Check in Process" is displayed
Unable to load Menu
Unable to eject Map DVD
Map DVD is listed as "No Disc"

I would love to simply reset the DVD before driving out to the dealership but I can't find a way to force a DVD eject. Does anyone know how to or how to address this issue?
Thanks!
glueslug
Open the hood, locate the fuse box along the drive side just "above" the electric motor. Open the fuse box (there is a latch in front and then a latch in back -- push the back latch in to disengage). Remove the Radio no. 1 fuse. After a minute put it back and this will cause a reset of the navigation system and cause it to read the disc again to load the firmware.

Note: This will also reset your saved radio stations.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ISSUE with NAVI DVD

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Open the hood, locate the fuse box along the drive side just "above" the electric motor. Open the fuse box (there is a latch in front and then a latch in back -- push the back latch in to disengage). Remove the Radio no. 1 fuse. After a minute put it back and this will cause a reset of the navigation system and cause it to read the disc again to load the firmware.

Note: This will also reset your saved radio stations.
To simply eject the DVD press the Close side of the Close-Info button second one down left side of unit.

When the unit opens up press the "Map" button along the bottom of the display and the map DVD will be ejected.