It's at the dealership!! What settings should I have the Dlr Change?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation It's at the dealership!! What settings should I have the Dlr Change?

I don't know that I've EVER been so excited to buy a Camry, but I'm elated that my Titanium is at the dealership as we speak! I signed the docs yesterday and will be driving it home today...left it overnight to have the windows tinted.

But to avoid another near-term trip to the dealership, I'd like to have them modify any common settings prior to my receipt of the vehicle today at lunch.

What I'm looking for are any of you current owners that have changed some of the user/dealer changeable settings of the car. e.g. Changing the car's audible keyless entry lock/unlock confirm to light flash only vs default of beep and light flash.

The user changeable settings I can do on my own, but would still appreciate if you'd mention what you've changed to give me ideas.

I searched the forum for this topic, but I found nothing...I could have sworn I saw some topic on this before, but in the early morning hours, it's quite possible my brain isn't working correctly.

Thanks to all for your speedy responses!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: It's at the dealership!! What settings should I have the Dlr Change?

Change the 'auto recirc' to 'manual recirc'. I will have this done when I have my oil changed. It drives me batty when the TCH randomly decides to switch to recirc when I am not using the A/C

Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: It's at the dealership!! What settings should I have the Dlr Change?

Perfect Nash...I know I read this somewhere, but couldn't remember it...this is precisely the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks!!

Any other good suggestions from anyone and I'm all ears.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I set my doors to auto-lock at 20 KPH (~13 MPH, I think), but NOT auto-unlock. It was set to auto-lock all doors when shifting out of Park and auto-unlock all doors when shifting into Park. I don't like the auto-unlock from a safety point of view of somebody hopping into your car as you stop in a parking lot. Sure, it may be a small window of opportunity. You can set these things yourself, but it can be a bit tricky. I'm sure it is easier for the dealer.

I'm with Nash, I think, on the auto-recirc. I suspect I will hate it in the fall when don't need AC. I will probably have it turned off.

There are some other settings regarding display sensitivity that I haven't figured out yet. Search for my other posts and you should be able to find those details.

Be sure they install the 4 rubber plugs from your glove box. Be sure they check your tire pressure--mine were set fairly high and not all the same!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had the auto recirc changed to manual (MUCH BETTER!), and the key fob changed to "one push of the open button opens all doors". This isn't needed often, but very ocasionaly, my wife will leave her purse in the car when we make a short stop, (windows tinted, purse can't be easily seen) and with her fob in the purse, inside the car, I can't lock the car (or open it) without using the fob.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Be sure they check your tire pressure--mine were set fairly high and not all the same!
Do that for sure. When I picked up my '04 I didn't have time to check the pressures as people had suggested. When I checked them the next day, 3 were below the recommended 33 PSI mark for the rear tires and one was 49! I guess it is a testament to the car, but I didn't notice it handling wierdly on the 300 mile drive home.

We tried to check the pressures on my wife's car when we picked it up in May and couldn't even get the caps off. Sent it back to the service bay with specific instructions to set the tires to 35/33 (which I bumped to 38/36 the next day).

Old 08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi, where is the complete list of all these options? Is there one?

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast

One thing I did myself was to change the key fob to unlock all the doors when I open the driver's door instead of just unlocking the driver's door. It used to drive me crazy. It unlocked all the doors if you went to the front passengers door to open. I thought for a while that if I was standing at the driver's door and let my wife open her door first, all the doors would unlock, but that didn't seem to work either. I was glad to find out that if I held the lock button and any one of the other three buttons on the key fob for 5 seconds that I could change to the driver's door unlocking all the doors instead of the front passengers door. You'll hear a beep, etc. (I forget what all noises it makes) when the change is made.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the tips...yes there are definitely a few listed above that I'd like to change...

I'll certainly search through other posts and the manual, but if anyone could briefly list steps to some of the changes, I'd be indebted.

No joy on the auto to recirc yet, I gave the dealer only a couple of hours notice and they hadn't looked up how to do it.

I'll probably bring it back in soon anyway for an alignment or something, the steering wheel is not centered when driving straight and level, it's canted off to the right a fair amount.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
WVGasGuy

One thing I did myself was to change the key fob to unlock all the doors when I open the driver's door instead of just unlocking the driver's door

I've mentioned this before but while that is annoying it is a safety feature to consider. Do you want your wife in a parking lot some late evening opening ALL the doors as she approaches the car, or just the one she is approaching (running towards)? Have you ever been parked next to someone that you felt more secure knowing you had a locked door between you and them?

Quick Reply: It's at the dealership!! What settings should I have the Dlr Change?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands