Left-most air vent rattle

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Left-most air vent rattle

I have ~2k miles on my TCH and the left driver's side air vent rattles about 40% of the time when air is blowing through the vents. It almost sounded like a rattle if a speaker blew out. I hear it when my stereo is turned off so it might not be speaker related. From researching previous posts it seems like it might be Plasmacluster related. The only way I can get the noise to go away is if I turn off the air altogether (AC vs Non-AC mode doesn't seem to matter).

Does anyone know if there is a TSB out for this problem? Any way to turn off Plasmacluster? I'm not even convinced the Plasmacluster does anything so if I could get rid of the rattle by turning it off that would be great.

I usually don't mind various console squeaks (I actually thought all cars had some sort of noises until reading this forum) but this one is really annoying as it happens every time I drive. Thanks for any info.