Lift the cap on hybrid tax credits

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Lift the cap on hybrid tax credits

hi ALL TCH'ers

i was browsing through net for tax credits for hybrids and found this link to write a letter requesting to support the lift of cap in tax credit

i think every body here need to support this so that every one get the tax credit instead on only few people who purchased early.

i also see that there is a bill pending on this, here is the copy/paste on the Para (http://go.ucsusa.org/hybridcenter/incentives.cfm)

Lifting the 60,000 cap on the hybrid tax credit (bill): Senators Evan Bayh (D-IN), Joe Lieberman (D-CT), and Sam Brownback (R-KS) have introduced a broad bill (S. 2025) that would remove the cap on hybrid tax credits as part of a package to reduce domestic oil usage. Representative Jack Kingston (R-SC) and Elliot Engle (D-NY) introduced a similar bill (H.R. 4409) in the House. Representative Chris Shays (R-CT) introduced a broad ranging energy bill (H.R. 4384) that in addition to several incentives for renewable energy and energy efficiency across all energy sectors would remove the cap on hybrid tax credits

Let me know what you guys think.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lift the cap on hybrid tax credits

I hope it's retro to this year, if it passes. Of course, I already bought the car, so there's no incentive there. It would be nice, though.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Lift the cap on hybrid tax credits

Something tells me it won't be retro active, and those that bought in the interim will be left with the smaller credit. Oh well, would like the whole credit, but that is not why I bought the car.