maintainance question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default maintainance question

my 07 TCH has reached about 6600 miles. The only thing I have done for the car is do an oil change worth about 90$ at a toyota dealer when the car reached about 4200 miles. I asked for synthetic oil as I heared that's better and costed more.

Also, since the oil change costs too much, Can I do the change myself? how?
Yesterday, I finished the washer fluid and I bought and put a washer fluid.

the car indicated the low washer fuild warning. the washer fluid I bought was just regular washer fluid. Is there any special washer fluid for TCH or any washer fluid is ok?

Other then an oil change and new washer fluid, I have done nothing besides car washes.

What else should I do to keep it running good for years to come?

transmission oil change if and when? coolent fluid when? brake and power steering oil need new?
what about tire pressures?

thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: maintainance question

There's an excellent book that covers all of this stuff (except maybe exactly how to do your own oil change). You might find it in the glovebox. There's even an interactive version at http://www.toyotaiguide.com/iGuide_CamryHybrid.htm

Old 02-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
There's an excellent book that covers all of this stuff (except maybe exactly how to do your own oil change). You might find it in the glovebox...
Couldn't have said it better myself!
My vote for 'post of the year!'

I'd only add in, do NOT rely on the dealer's service department to tell you what needs to be done and how often. They, typically, recommend more service at shorter intervals and charge more than competing service centers (yes, they like to make money).
One local dealer recommended an oil flush ($100) at every oil change. I am not an expert, but my mechanic friend says it's needed typically only after 75,000 miles and certainly doesn't cost anywhere near $100.
Best advice for years of trouble free car ownership is to change the oil regularly, keep tires inflated properly, observe the local traffic regulations and turn the cell phone off.

Last edited by haroldo; 02-20-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Use this website to see what should be done at every 5k interval.
http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/index.php