Motorola razr

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
JMV
Enthusiast
Default Motorola razr

Hi all...has anybody transferred the phone book from the razr(Verizon) to the car....if so can u post the procedure. I played around with the phone and the bluetooth...ccould not do it....thanz in advance

Old 08-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Motorola razr

I posted something about sending contacts through vcards over bluetooth. I did it for my VX9800, so the procedure should be similar. Here ya go, hope it works!

1) Connect your phone to the car through Bluetooth
2) Go into the phone menu and click on phonebook
3) Click on transfer data
4) The display will say "transferring data" or something like that
5) Your phone will say "device is disconnected" or something along those lines
6) Go into your phone's contact list, highlight the contact you wish to transfer, then press Option then Send via vcard
7) Your phone will pull up a list of paired devices
8) Highlight the device corresponding to your car
9) Hit OK
10)You will see a message saying "VCard Sent"
11)Then another message saying "Bluetooth device is connected"
12)Repeat the above steps starting at step 3
13)Repeat until you have all the contacts you want in there.

BTW, I have a VX9800, just for reference sake, but all the Verizon interfaces on the phones should be the same? Good luck!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
JMV
Enthusiast

There is no tab on the razr called"transfer data"-atleast I could not find it. Also if i highlight a contact on my list the only options that I have r: call. send text message or send pix message, delete

Old 08-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I moved my wife's Razor entries to her SIMM and then temporarily moved the SIMM to my Sony Ericsson T-637 and transferred the WHOLE PHONEBOOK in one operation in about 30 seconds. Then moved the SIMM back. If you have more than a half dozen entries it becomes a pain in the rear with the Motorola's one at a time method.
The above method only works if your carrier uses phones with SIMM cards and have access to a phone that can transfer the entire phonebook at once.
J

Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Enthusiast

It is to my knowledge the Verizon has disabled the OPP (object push pull) feature on thier Motorola phones. Therefore the transfer of the phonebook from a Razr or an e815 is not capable.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:57 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by JMV
There is no tab on the razr called"transfer data"-atleast I could not find it. Also if i highlight a contact on my list the only options that I have r: call. send text message or send pix message, delete
For Cingular branded phones there is a "Send" option when you've selected a phonebook entry and when you choose that one of the sub-options is to send via bluetooth. Nice for trading phonebook entries even between other phones. If your carrier has disabled this function that's too bad.
J

Old 08-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wish I knew that feature before I spend 30 minutes putting each number seperately.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

A marginally nice feature would to be able to transfer entries you manually entered/changed in the Camry back to a phone(s). A "reverse transfer" so to speak.
J

Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 AM
JMV
Enthusiast

So I guess the only way out is to manually enter each of the phone nos eh? That is a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!