My only complaint so far

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default My only complaint so far

First of all, I love this car and always look forward to the next time I get to drive it. But I wish they hadn't given the rear passengers such a poor view. When my daughter (9yo) sits normally and safely in the back seat the top half of her head is just visible. I caught her once sitting on her legs so she could see better (which I don't want her doing for safety reasons). My wife is about 5'4" and she complained about visibility also.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My only complaint so far

Yes, the rear windows are up high. I have my 8 year old son and 5 year old daugter in booster seats. At their current age and weight, they are required in Washington State, but the seats are the small, backless variety that area easy to stash in the trunk and don't embarrass the kids 'cuz they're so insignificant. I'll let the kids decide if they want to keep or loose the boosters once they are big enough, and my bet is they'll keep using them for a while.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think you will find many of today's safer models have the "high waistline", evidently metal protects better than glass.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think there is a big safety difference in glass vs metal. Your head is in the window either way. The B-pillar (and side airbags) is what protects you in a side collision.

Years ago I remember reading an article on car styling. The small window, big door has become the "in" thing. Look at a car from 10 years ago. The window was often almost as tall as the door. Now many cars are going the way of the Chrysler 300.

That article also mentioned that people feel "safer" with the smaller windows. Less vulnerable from the outside world. Kind of the castle slit window mentality. Women in particular liked this.

Personally I prefer the fighter cockpit bubble. More glass and view the better!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Chiming in...yep...two little kids in booster seats and they can't see out the rear window.

My biggest peeve is still that there is no easy way to tell the car is off and the car chimes sometimes for no reason even if the car is off.