Need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Need opinions.

I want to get mudgaurds for my Magnetic Gray TCH. Since it is a dark color would you go with plain black ones or would you pay $50 more to get them painted?

Old 09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner
Default Re: Need opinions.

I've got black ones on my wife's car, (Desert Sand Mica), and they look great. I was afraid to get the painted ones because I've seen cars with them where the paint has chipped badly.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have them on Jasper Pearl (Lime Green ish) and they look fine. I was going to say the paint would chip and really look bad but someone beat me to that point

Old 09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I want to get mudgaurds for my Magnetic Gray TCH. Since it is a dark color would you go with plain black ones or would you pay $50 more to get them painted?
I bought mine on ebay! they were about $70. they were painted, trust me they look a lot better! but that is my opinion, *knocks on the wood* thank fully mine havent chipped at all!

Old 09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I think the Magnetic Gray mudguards would look better than the black. Deland Toyota/Scion is selling them for $79.99 plus $8.99 shipping on ebay.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:20 PM

I have had silver cars for years and usually just take the black ones. The TCH I got had colro coded mud guards so it was a no brainer, but I never think twice about putting blakc on my silver cars normally. Looks rather like they belong.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rcommander
I bought mine on ebay! they were about $70. they were painted, trust me they look a lot better! but that is my opinion, *knocks on the wood* thank fully mine havent chipped at all!
What color is yours?

Old 09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David Price
I've got black ones on my wife's car, (Desert Sand Mica), and they look great. I was afraid to get the painted ones because I've seen cars with them where the paint has chipped badly.
David - do you have any pictures you can post of the Desert Sand with the black mudguards - I have the Desert Sand and have considered them too - but not sure how they would look.... Thanks

Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
David - do you have any pictures you can post of the Desert Sand with the black mudguards - I have the Desert Sand and have considered them too - but not sure how they would look.... Thanks
Here is a link to photos of a DSM Camry with painted mudguards...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t154946.html

I like the look with the mudguards, but since I'm holding out for a SE-style body kit, I don't think it's worth putting on the painted mudguards right now.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Hooked on Hybrid

Originally Posted by David Price
... I was afraid to get the painted ones because I've seen cars with them where the paint has chipped badly.
So far so good with my Barcelona Red ones... the side of the mudguard that faces the tire and gets stuff slung at it are not painted -- just the original black finish. The back side of the guard does look nice body color IMHO.

Quick Reply: Need opinions.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands