New TCH Owner Needs Help With Beeps

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default New TCH Owner Needs Help With Beeps

Hi everyone. I'm a new TCH owner and one of those that does not like to be beeped at. lol I would love to get rid of the seat belt beeps. I did it with my Prius, but I can't see to get it done with the the new Camry. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New TCH Owner Needs Help With Beeps

Wear the seat belt when you are in the car and it wont beep.

If you disable it, a future driver of the vehicle will not get the warning.

Seat belts save lives.

Beeps increase seat belt utilization.

By extension, beeps save lives.

Just wear it and you will never hear a beep.

If you put a heavy item on the passenger seat, pull the seat belt over and attach it.

Last edited by haroldo; 05-05-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 AM

I never hear any beeping from my seat belt. I always put on my seat belt first, then release the brake and press the start button.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Pragmatist

I wear my seat belt every time, though I often back out of the driveway or parking space before fastening it. Haroldo is right that seat belts saves lives, and that the seat belt reminder beeps save lives.

But I also don't like the beeping. This car seems to beep for two dozen different reasons. When it beeps, I never know what it is beeping about. Worse, it regularly beeps for things that I do every day, so when it beeps about something really bad I am likely not to notice.

I would prefer voice reminders, rather than beeps. When starting to drive, it could say things like, "Please fasten your seat belt", or "The back door is open". When stopped, and I am exiting the car, it could say things like, "The motor is not turned off", or "The sun roof is open".

Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
...But I also don't like the beeping. This car seems to beep for two dozen different reasons. When it beeps, I never know what it is beeping about. Worse, it regularly beeps for things that I do every day, so when it beeps about something really bad I am likely not to notice...
Mostly, the "unknown beep" is if you open the door before powering down the car.
As illogical as it seems, the car warns you NOT when you open the door with the power on...but only after you turned the car off.
It's obviously a design flaw, but if you are aware of this, the annoyance is relatively minor.

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
I would prefer voice reminders, rather than beeps. When starting to drive, it could say things like, "Please fasten your seat belt", ...
Yeah, until a lawyer gets his hands on this one. Imagine the lawsuit if the message was in a language other than the driver's?
Or worse, if your wife (on you cell phone) hears a sexy woman telling you to fasten your seat belt!

Last edited by haroldo; 05-05-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast

The dealer can disable that seat belt beep for you. They hook up a sort of a laptop directly under the steering wheel, and they go through a series of menus to disable the seat belt beep. It's enough to drive you mad. The dash also displays a flashing red symbol. If someone doesn't have enough sense to fasten their seat belt, then that's there problem, not yours.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Always Always Always wear your seat belt!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by userboy
It's enough to drive you mad. The dash also displays a flashing red symbol. If someone doesn't have enough sense to fasten their seat belt, then that's there problem, not yours.
So if you advocate the wearing of a seatbelt why would "it" be enough to drive you mad.

Use the seatbelt as it's intended, you don't hear the beeps they are in a sense disabled.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you all for the life-saving comments. However, I always wear my seat belt. I just don't want to hear the infernal beeps.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrblaise
Thank you all for the life-saving comments. However, I always wear my seat belt. I just don't want to hear the infernal beeps.
If you always wear your seatbelt how is it you hear the beeps?

Put on seatbelt, start car, no beeps.

Quick Reply: New TCH Owner Needs Help With Beeps

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands