new Tires for my TCH 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default new Tires for my TCH 2007

Tires for TOYOTA CAMRY 2007
What's best deals on tires for 2007 toyota camry hybrid? Mine is MICHALIN but I can use bit cheaper brands like DUNLOP, YOKOHOMA if price is better. My car's mileage is only 24000 but the tires are 5 years and 2 months old. I meant I bought it in AUG 2006. maybe due to bad winter and heavy snow tire is aging sooner? I went to toyota dealer but their price on a dunlop and good year is over $760 before taxes that is even with their nonsense buy 3 get one free deal more than anywhere else..

Is it the mileage or age of the tire I should be more concerned about? I don't see any problems on tire itself but the on the sides of the tires, i see aging! i recently saw the low tire pressure sign, went to toyota dealer who adjusted the pressure for free but now i see low tire pressure again! THE TIRE PRESSURE SIGN IS THE YELLOW CROWN right?

Last edited by jimmy1; 10-10-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: new Tires for my TCH 2007

The icon looks like a cross section of the tire, look in the manual for the image. I'd bring it to a reliable mechanic who you trust and ask him about the condition. No one here can diagnose the most important safety aspect of your car from a post.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM

neither matters. what does matter is actual trad and sidewall condition. minor spider cracks on the sidewall are ok. what's not ok is tire leaking air out, but it either picked a nail, or got delaminated from the rim, and simple re-sealing fixes this. take it to lesSchwab, they fix holes and leaks for free.
I ride on Yokohamas. I do not like Michelins, every one I had hydroplanes. I buy my tires from craigslist, as a rule.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy1
Tires for TOYOTA CAMRY 2007

Is it the mileage or age of the tire I should be more concerned about? I don't see any problems on tire itself but the on the sides of the tires, i see aging! i recently saw the low tire pressure sign, went to toyota dealer who adjusted the pressure for free but now i see low tire pressure again! THE TIRE PRESSURE SIGN IS THE YELLOW CROWN right?
The Camry low tire pressure indicator is yellow and may look like this. (!) You mention the tire sides, you see aging. The low air pressure reset button is just to the side of left hinge of your glove box. The manual on your car should show you how to reset this (once the tire is aired up) that is if you have a low tire or tires.

My wife's car a Dodge had a nice set of michelins that were driven over 4 or 5 years. These tires had developed heat cracks next to the pavement on the insides of all 4 tires. We took it to a popular michelin dealer (discount tires) to have a look. They looked at two of the tires then did some kind of michelin warranty. We didn't have to pay very much for a improved set of michelin tires. The set she had on her car had been discontinued. I can't remember, but the tires she originally had may had some high mileage tread-wear warranty from michelin.

Last edited by rburt07; 10-14-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would buy from discounttire or belle tire before attempted to buy from a dealer.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetttstream
I would buy from discounttire or belle tire before attempted to buy from a dealer.
any rebates, deals coupons?, i went to toyota deaer again but was told i would have to pay for the tire check. $25. they wanted to sell me WHEEL ALIGNMENT and possibly new tires.

how do i remove the tire pressure sign after i go myself to gas station area and inflate my tires at coin box?

Last edited by jimmy1; 10-11-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
The Camry low tire pressure indicator is yellow and may look like this. (!) You mention the tire sides, you see aging. You may mean wearing on the edges.

My wife's car a Dodge had a nice set of michelins that were drive over 4 or 5 years. These tires had developed heat cracks next to the pavement on the insides of all 4 tires. We took it to a popular michelin dealer (discount tires) to have a look. They looked at two of the tires then did some kind of michelin warranty. We didn't have to pay very much for a improved set of michelin tires. The set she had on her car had been discontinued. I can't remember, but the tires she originally had may had some high mileage tread-wear warranty from michelin.
the tires look fine on the main side, i mean you know the main parts which touches the road/streets when we drive, i see aging, minor cracks in the side around the wheel area.

i have the michalin tires since AUG 2006 , that was when i bought my car but i have 24000 miles only

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

what do i need to check pressure of my tires and inflate them with airs?
will this one work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
is this just for checking pressure ? how do i inflate with this device?

thanks and pardon me for me stupidity!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 AM

Looks like you found a really nice and accurate digital air gauge. Check and air each tire as needed. I put extra air in my tires. Drive home and a few hours after dark go out and let them down to the desired air pressure.

Look around you my find a gas station that offers free air. Most truck stops offer a air supply for passenger cars. If you can see it, then ask the clerk inside the station about where to air your tires. I would suggest running your tires around 36 psi when the tires have cooled off. I have seen tires as low as 24 to 26 psi and causing them excessive wear and in time can damage the tires, especially on hot pavement.

If your unfamiliar in airing up your tires, ask someone nearby at the station if they would help you.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
Looks like you found a really nice and accurate digital air gauge. Check and air each tire as needed. I put extra air in my tires. Drive home and a few hours after dark go out and let them down to the desired air pressure.

Look around you my find a gas station that offers free air. Most truck stops offer a air supply for passenger cars. If you can see it, then ask the clerk inside the station about where to air your tires. I would suggest running your tires around 36 psi when the tires have cooled off. I have seen tires as low as 24 to 26 psi and causing them excessive wear and in time can damage the tires, especially on hot pavement.

If your unfamiliar in airing up your tires, ask someone nearby at the station if they would help you.
you said i should connect the gas station's air compressor top to this to put air in my tires?
this device would tell me how much air i need for my tires?

Quick Reply: new Tires for my TCH 2007

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands