No regerts MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Dazed and Confused
Default No regerts MPG?

What is the MPG threshold that if you broke it you would have no regrets about buying the TCH?

For me it was 35 MPG.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No regerts MPG?

Well, I have no regrets at all...about anything with the TCH.

However, before I made the purchase, I told my wife that we would save $X per year if we acheived 36mpg at $3.00 per gallon.... I am averaging more than 36mpg, (closer to 39 overall) but the gas has dropped to $2.09 here this week. I'm sure it will go back up soon (as in ...after the election)

Old 10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

I'm only 70 miles into the first tank. Have driven no highway miles - only city. Have been (((very))) light on the throttle and have yet to see EV mode go beyond 32mph on the straight and level and my mileage (avg) is about 29.5.. I am hoping to see the 35-40 MPG range but wonder if there isn't something weird going on with this car right now. I see frequent 0 mpg readings when starting out - even though I am accelerating very slowly.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
What is the MPG threshold that if you broke it you would have no regrets about buying the TCH?

For me it was 35 MPG.
I was getting 21-22MPG on Premium in my Acura TL, I told myself anything over 32 in the TCH would give me $1k a year in saving on top of the $2600 tax credit. I am getting 37ish last 2 tanks steady so on conservative numbers I am still saving about $770 a year plus tax credit. But I truly belive GAS will get back above $2.50 at some point. No regrets, but had I know gas woudl get back this low (and if it stays there) I woudl not have sold my TL, but in the end I still have no regrets as I find I am a better driver witht he TCH, with the TL I was an agressive driver.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

To save the environment from pollution and the great MPG (best vehicle I have ever owned)... I am on my 2nd tank and I get 45.5MPG drive it goes down to 45.2MPG and park it with 45.5MPG... I got last week 46.6MPG but I have lost 1MPG since I decided to lower the tire pressure from 35.5psi to 32.5psi (recommended is 32psi when cold) which it will drop down to 32psi due to the cold weather soon.

Also, to me is unacceptable anything below 40MPG...

Last edited by agnosto; 10-25-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I'm only 70 miles into the first tank. Have driven no highway miles - only city. Have been (((very))) light on the throttle and have yet to see EV mode go beyond 32mph on the straight and level and my mileage (avg) is about 29.5.. I am hoping to see the 35-40 MPG range but wonder if there isn't something weird going on with this car right now. I see frequent 0 mpg readings when starting out - even though I am accelerating very slowly.
Do you use your cruise control? I use it alot in my in-town driving as it is smarter than I when it comes to needing to use the ICE and when to let up...I'm averaging 35 just around town in short (less than 5 miles) trips and in hilly terrain.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: No regerts MPG?

How can I have any regerts when I almost getting 600 miles to a tank? 60% better mpg and all the luxuary of a Lexus at 1/2 the price. I'm getting 35mpg on my last tank and have no buyers remorse.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by belbe
Do you use your cruise control? I use it alot in my in-town driving as it is smarter than I when it comes to needing to use the ICE and when to let up...I'm averaging 35 just around town in short (less than 5 miles) trips and in hilly terrain.
Haven't used the CC yet. I rarely make it above 35 MPH. This has - so far - just been on city streets with the exception of about 15 miles of freeway.

I'm hoping that it's just because everything is new and tight. But when I read of so many others that are getting fantastic mileage right out of the box - I was hoping I would be one of them..

Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I didn't have a specific number in mind. However, my concern is that I do a lot of expressway driving so I wasn't sure if there would be much of a difference between the TCH and a Camry LE. The salesperson I had owned the TCH and had a one hour highway commute everyday. He showed me his MFD reading of 34.9 mpg and I thought that would be just fine. So I guess 35 mpg was a good number to shoot for.

My first tanks were slightly better than that and they'v creeped up so that my average is now over 40 mpg. I never imagined getting this kind of mileage on the TCH prior to purchasing it, especially considering the press the Prius has received for it's high EPA ratings not living up to real world experience.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Haven't used the CC yet. I rarely make it above 35 MPH. This has - so far - just been on city streets with the exception of about 15 miles of freeway.

I'm hoping that it's just because everything is new and tight. But when I read of so many others that are getting fantastic mileage right out of the box - I was hoping I would be one of them..
I don't recall exactly what the speed is for cruise but it is lower than 35...like maybe 25 mph? Try it and see!

Quick Reply: No regerts MPG?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands