non nav radio cutting out when switching modes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: non nav radio cutting out when switching modes

I have the nav unit, I do not have XM or Sirius, but about once a month it cuts out when switching radio modes, I just pick another mond and then back to the one I want and it works fine. I have three years to find the problem, I guess I could have them check the spring. Rattles galore and steering problem, I am leaving it for a week in February.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: non nav radio cutting out when switching modes

I also have a non-nav radio and this happens to me about once/week, but I thought it was just me. The problem only occurs if I cycle thru the CD/MP3 input option. If I go from AM to FM it will never happen. If I go from FM to AM it could happen.

If it happens I cycle thru the inputs again and it will work. So if I am on FM1 I go thru all inputs and then back to FM1 and the problem has always cleared.