Now that's just silly

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Now that's just silly

In planning an upcoming long summer drive, I started planning luggage n' stuff in the TCH trunk. One of the items going is a small electrical cooler. Now wouldn't you think with the 12v battery back there, and the big battery taking up all that space there'd be a 12v receptical in the trunk? There's enough juice back there to power a small city for a year, yet no plug. That's just silly.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Now that's just silly

You don't want heat or a spark back there though. But, it would be nice.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Buy a 10' extension cord (example: http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-12-V-CIGARET...QcmdZViewItem), and run it up front through the seat pass-through hole to your outlet up front.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

couldn't a body hook up a fused power connection right off of the 12v battery???

Old 04-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
couldn't a body hook up a fused power connection right off of the 12v battery???
I thought about this, but given I'm a most forgetful individual (I'd forget my name if it wasn't tatooed backwards across my forehead) I'm worried I'd leave the wee little cooler plugged in and come out to a dead battery. I think running an extension cord as Abward suggests might work. Don't know about Kris' spark concern as the car has a process for being jumped or doing the jumping which can cause quite a bit of sparking. Or, now I'm thinking of shoving the cooler in the back seat with the kids. So many decisions...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by Freeze
I thought about this, but given I'm a most forgetful individual (I'd forget my name if it wasn't tatooed backwards across my forehead) I'm worried I'd leave the wee little cooler plugged in and come out to a dead battery. I think running an extension cord as Abward suggests might work. Don't know about Kris' spark concern as the car has a process for being jumped or doing the jumping which can cause quite a bit of sparking. Or, now I'm thinking of shoving the cooler in the back seat with the kids. So many decisions...

Thanks for the suggestions.
While re Routing my XM antenna, I came across a hole behind the right side of the rear seat. This may be something to think about.
You have to lift up the rear seat bottom and unscrew one bolt holding the right portion of the rear seat in. You will see the opening there.
You can then run it under the door sill then over to the outlet.