Pairing LG Env 3 with Camry Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Enthusiast
Question Pairing LG enV3 with TCH Bluetooth

OK, OK, I know I should spend four hours reading the manual and/or searching the six trillion pages on the Internet. But I'm not. The Verizon rep and I spent about 10 minutes going through the TCH manual and got nowhere.

Can someone point me to a post - whether on this forum or another - with DETAILED, step-by-step instructions for pairing/synching a Verizon LG phone (a.k.a. LG VX9200) with the Bluetooth system in the car? No NAV system. I did search this TCH forum and got 225 hits, none of which at first glance caused me to exclaim, "Ah HAH, got it now!"

And yeah, I'm late to the game. I've got one of the original Japanese-manufactured cars back in June 2006, and I'm just now getting around to checking out the Bluetooth phone feature.

Thanks in advance, and if you think I'm a lazy butt for not doing more searching on my own - well, you're entitled to your opinion

The phone is brand new and definitely Bluetooth-capable. It came with a Bluetooth earpiece. The model is actually the LG enV3, but when I pop the battery off the back, it says VX9200.

Gretchen
Houston, TX

Last edited by gc77584; 10-07-2009 at 04:44 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 AM
old fart
Default Re: Pairing LG Env 3 with Camry Bluetooth

first you should check toyota.letstalk.com to see if it will work with your phone company

Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I downloaded a 28 page PDF from the 2008 model (the set up is the same for all years).
I can e-mail it to you if you send your e-mail to me in a private message.
While it's 28 pages, it's really simple to follow the instructions.
Alternatively, you can go to http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/index.html (register and log in). Click on Owner's Manuals and then search for "pair" (it will take you to the same PDF). The online manual at that site is set up in sections, so if you search for a term, you will have the option of seeing the section, not the entire manual.

Last edited by haroldo; 10-07-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pairing LG Env 3 with TCH Bluetooth

I get to the point where I have to enter the code to pair the phone. The car is on and the phone is on. I put the phone into Bluetooth Pair Mode and enter the code specified by the car. The car attempts to pair for an incredibly long time, then comes back with a failure message. I've tried this in several different locations with the same results. Not that it matters, but my signal strength is great. The Bluetooth symbol is visible on the display of the phone.

On the flip side, every time I do it, the phone itself says "Pairing Complete" but the car still says "failure". I've even tried the code in the phone manual (0000) and it fails immediately. So the phone recognizes the car, but the car doesn't recognize the phone, not even when I put the phone in "Discovery Mode".

Any suggestions on how to get past this failure to pair?? Is my car too old and my phone too new? And yes, I did look at the PDF referenced by haroldo.

Thanks,

Gretchen
Houston

Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

While I have a different phone (Palm Treo) I had a similar problem.
When I entered the code, the phone would say pairing complete, but the car lady kept saying "searching". At this point, I dial the phone and then the hands free picks up the call and the pairing is complete.
Not sure why it worked, but it did. Try it.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Pairing LG Env 3 with Camry Bluetooth

Gretchen,
wait until a longer evening trip, hit the talk button and listen and it is pretty intuitive. I paired my BB on the test drive for my '07 camry.
you'll like the voice phonebook - very cool
Bob

Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast

Add the Samsung SPH 450 to the list of non compatible phone's....took 3 to prove to our provider that it does not work

Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
old fart

I just looked at toyota.letstalk and your phone isnt shown so must not work with toyota but they have the env touch listed as compatible.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

I thought it was a list of non compatible phones "Some phones shown may not be fully compatible with your vehicle. Please click
on the phone image below to obtain detailed phone compatibility information" ???

Old 10-10-2009, 12:21 AM
old fart

it is a list of phones that are compatible.if you click on each one it says on the top line that the phone will connect to the car.phones not on the list either havnt been tested or will not pair.

Quick Reply: Pairing LG Env 3 with Camry Bluetooth

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands