Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Well, I just thought I would post and say goodbye to everyone...been posting here for over three years now - even before buying my Camry Hybrid. I spent 4 months waiting for mine with deposits at 4 different dealers, and got it in July 2006.

I had to trade it in this week after my wife lost her part time job and we needed to cut costs (actually traded it in on a 2004 CR-V - ). Yes it will cost more in gas, but car payment is virtually nil now.

Anyway - I loved the car and was sad to leave it. Honestly the best car I ever had, but it did have one negative. Interior squeaks and rattles (especially in the cold) in the dash were just ridiculous. That is the only thing in the car that I won't miss!

Thanks to all those who have helped me out here over the years, and I hope I helped contribute something to some others...

And I remembered to swap out the "hybrid" nav DVD for the original so there won't be any raised eyebrows when someone was to eject that disc in the future. Someone will find a treasure trove of change in the little drawer though - I forgot to empty it out when I dropped it off this evening. I did remember to delete my phonebook and call logs, though!

Good luck to all, and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Default Re: Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Good luck, but you don't need to be a stranger.
Hang out here and see if you can help others/newbies.
I stopped using Windows 4 years ago, but am still an admin/moderator at a Windows forum.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:32 AM

Hey Jeff, sorry to see you go! Stay in touch. The CR-V is a very capable vehicle. Enjoy it.

Jeff (good name!)

Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Jeff - Sorry to hear about the work situation... I wish you'd stick around! I don't make it here as much as I used to and never was successful in making my Nav disc work... While I've had my 2007 TCH for over 3 years now - I'm not tired of it but it's "NEW" has definitely worn off..

The CRV is a good solid vehicle that should give a long life of trouble-free service..

Last edited by Big-Foot; 12-19-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:57 PM

The CR-V is actually going to be the wife's vehicle, and I will be "inheriting" her '08 Accord (her choice). She thought the SUV might work out better for handling our 21 month old.

At least I won't have to worry about her getting stuck in the snow this winter (but I might get stuck myself!)...

Old 12-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

That Accord is one very fine looking vehicle and highly rated as well!
My Sister has the same year CRV and has had Zip-Zero-Nada for problems... Although it is about due for tires I think she's put on close to 60k on it so those tires made it a very long time...

Old 12-19-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
That Accord is one very fine looking vehicle and highly rated as well!
My Sister has the same year CRV and has had Zip-Zero-Nada for problems... Although it is about due for tires I think she's put on close to 60k on it so those tires made it a very long time...
Yeah - the Accord has been solid so far for us. And the CRV got new brakes, new battery, and a 4 wheel alignment at the dealer when we bought it. I am hoping that gives us a long time with no issues. The only complaint so far is that my wife hoped the drivers seat would slide back further, and the right read door latch seems to squeak a bit when going around corners.