PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Originally Posted by McGyver
You know, it's funny... I spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday with a guy in NJ who was trying to "straighten me out" on a few things. Must be something in the air out there.

Once again... I was ~asked twice~ to post the pictures by other forum members. At first I thought it was a sick idea. But by then it was presented as a good idea in case anyone else had to deal with this issue. THEN I spoke with my brother in-law who works in the automotive field who told me... hang on to your hat... that hybrid cars have a reputation for attracting vermin due to the high frequencies created by the system. I can only hope he is wrong.

I'll tell you something else Larry, if this ever happened to your car you'll be begging me to post anything related to the successful removal and restoration. Guaranteed.

Having said all that... you are right... it's in poor taste. And others might feel the same way. I have looked for an edit option to remove the pics, but I did not find a way to do it. Since you are much more active than I am on this forum, if you know a way to remove the post, please feel free to do so.

Too anyone else I may have offended in spite of the warnings and disclaimers, I apologize.
i don't think there is any problem in this post...and i think it was nice of you to put it in a new post. because of the nature of the pics some may not want to see them and if they were in the previous posts then the pics may have snuck up on them. the new post has a disclaimer that would be most helpful! also, if this happened to me this forum would be the first place i would go for info and help! i appreciate you sharing your experience, however painful, with us. plus...your posts are really funny despite the obvious psychological pain you were in...lol! i found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion. (i wasn't laughing at you though...i promise...i would hate to think that you would need more therapy just because of me...)

Old 08-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I might as well put in my "views" on this:

1) Did you get a release from the N.O.K. to post the pictures? (Mickey Mouse and Minnie)

2) Has PETA contacted you yet for your cold-hearted murder of the animal?

3) You had the pictures in the wrong order! Your caveat said the pictures got worse as they progressed. The rat was child's play. I'm going to have nightmares of your poor defenseless TCH with its guts laying all over the garage floor!

4) Wouldn't it have been easier to purchase a python or check out a mongoose from the local zoo?

5) What is the TSB number for removing dead rats/animals from car?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Fabulous post, great pictures, and thanks for keeping us informed as to the rat problem and your solution. Interestingly, we went camping last weekend and your story about the rat changed my behavior of leaving the tailgate of our Honda Oddesey up all the time. I didn't want a chipmunk or squirrel coming home with us from a national park since that would be a federal crime.

Thanks again!