PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

OK, I've been asked a couple of times to post pictures. I'll start off with the dashboard ones. If you scroll to the bottom, the pictures will get progressively worse. You have been warned!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

bad taste...and why keep creating new threads?
the rat is one topic.
help keep the forums uncluttered.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
bad taste...and why keep creating new threads?
the rat is one topic.
help keep the forums uncluttered.
You know, it's funny... I spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday with a guy in NJ who was trying to "straighten me out" on a few things. Must be something in the air out there.

Once again... I was ~asked twice~ to post the pictures by other forum members. At first I thought it was a sick idea. But by then it was presented as a good idea in case anyone else had to deal with this issue. THEN I spoke with my brother in-law who works in the automotive field who told me... hang on to your hat... that hybrid cars have a reputation for attracting vermin due to the high frequencies created by the system. I can only hope he is wrong.

I'll tell you something else Larry, if this ever happened to your car you'll be begging me to post anything related to the successful removal and restoration. Guaranteed.

Having said all that... you are right... it's in poor taste. And others might feel the same way. I have looked for an edit option to remove the pics, but I did not find a way to do it. Since you are much more active than I am on this forum, if you know a way to remove the post, please feel free to do so.

Too anyone else I may have offended in spite of the warnings and disclaimers, I apologize.

Last edited by McGyver; 08-07-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to say sorry
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am certainly not offended by the post, you did give the viewer discretion warning. thanks for posting. when reading the other posts I wanted to see how far you had to go to get the smell out and seeing all those pieces answered that.
I would say you didn't need to start 5 threads for this story though, but thanks for the pictures.

*the rat doesn't even look that bad, I thought it would be worse when I saw the warning.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I disagree that it is in bad taste. I don't find it offensive at all, and I'm sure many others do not either. I think the warning posted at the beginning was fine - people can make make intelligent choices and simply skip the posting if they are concerned. The fact that it has been entered as a separate thread makes this easier.

I understand your concern, Haroldo, and I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful in a proactive manner - but I prefer to make my own choices as to what I can see or not in these forums.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by test54
I would say you didn't need to start 5 threads for this story though
It was 3 threads, not 5. I thought that the older a post is, the further it disappears down the list. This was new (and hopefully useful) information. I figured a new thread would make the information more readily available w/o having to dig for it in a thread with dozens of out-dated replies.

BTW, as a semi-professional photographer I could have produced some truly hideous images if I wanted to. These were just from my cellphone. And the only reason it occurred to me to take those pictures was because my sister in Chicago wanted to see them for some reason.

On the rat... he was as big as my size 12 foot... without the tail. BIG frakking TEETH too.

Imagine that thing running up your pant leg while you are cruising down the freeway.

Anyway, thanks for the support.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast

Bad taste is subjective, but anyone that clicks through to a thread despite the warning (and, if they read regularly, knowing EXACTLY what the thread is about) has no leg to stand on if they don't like what they find.

As for me, I was curious That guy looks about as big as the ones my pythons get...

The point about high frequencies is interesting, i wonder if there's any hard data on what frequency ranges are actually being emitted? I thought high frequency sound repelled rodents due to the proliferation of "ultrasonic" vermin repellent devices, although that's a pretty vague label.

Last edited by MalkavianX; 08-07-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't mind the rat (remember the Fawlty Tower rat episode), I am just sad to see what you had to do to your TCH

I hope it all went back together okay.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I don't see a problem with it. I am amazed at how much you had to remove to get at that beast. The warning was sufficient.

BTW was that a cigar lying on the floor there?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
0__o

Oh the humanity!

Did you see all those dashboard guts all over the place? That's what really upset me.

Dead rat? Pfffft!

Quick Reply: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands