Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:28 AM
it's just a car...
Default Re: Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Originally Posted by reactor
...When I tried out the camry hybrid the driver side air vent was able to be totally closed........
Reactor,
We are both right.
On "Auto" setting, the slider closes both upper and lower outlets as you noted.
On "Front" setting, the slider closes only the lower outlet as I posted above.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Ideally, you would open your window and point the driver's vent out the window and gain some extra mileage with your plasma ion drive system. Captain Kirk would be jealous!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Any updates on this...I called toyota and they never got back to me with the final answer...The representative, however, did agree that if the drivers side vent is closed that the ionizer doesn't work...Also, does anyone know if the wood trim comes with the leather package on the hybrid.....

Old 07-19-2006, 07:37 PM
WVGasGuy

There is no wood trim package (from the factory) for the hybrid.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast

Can anyone confirm if the ionzier can be turned off by turning off the driver's side air vent? Thanks.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Does the plasmacluster ionizer work in the ECO Mode? Also, can anyone confirm if the ionizer works when the driver side vent is closed? The owners manual has very little information..

Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Does the plasmacluster ionizer work in the ECO Mode? Also, can anyone confirm if the ionizer works when the driver side vent is closed? The owners manual has very little information..
Yes, it does.

Btw, I am still waiting for Toyota's response to the "driver's side vent closed" question I sent them. It's been a week now since I emailed them and I expect to hear back from them soon. But, who knows.

Are there any Toyota experts on the board who might know the answer to this question?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Peter,

Do you hear the buzzing of the ionizer when the driver's side air vent is closed? Can you hear the buzzing noise in the center and passenger side when this is closed? I can't believe that we can't get an answer on this...
Toyota as didn't return my call....

Old 07-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

I don't recall hearing this buzzing noise coming from any other vent when I closed off the driver's side one.

Btw, I emailed Toyota a quick "when do you think you will answer my question from a week ago?" message. Let's see if they can answer it this week.

Overall, I consider it one of the shortcomings of the manual for this car. They are introducing a very new piece of equipment (i.e. Plasmacluster) in their flagship car. They should probably devote a little more space in the manual describing its operation, etc. And of course, it wouldn't hurt if they gave customers an option of turning it off. Hopefully closing the driver's vent does the trick.

Peter,

Do you hear the buzzing of the ionizer when the driver's side air vent is closed? Can you hear the buzzing noise in the center and passenger side when this is closed? I can't believe that we can't get an answer on this...
Toyota as didn't return my call....

Old 08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast

I've just purchased a Titanium TCH, and I'm thrilled with it, but I too have a pronounced buzzing from the driver's side vent. This weekend I'm going to take it into the dealer to have them take a look at it. Has anyone else received any updates on this problem?

Quick Reply: Plasmacluster Ionizer climate control

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands