Posting Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Posting Pics?

I've been trying to post some pics with no luck, any help? I must be doing something out of the correct order. Thanks

Old 07-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Posting Pics?

How do I post images at this site?
You can't post them directly, since this site doesn't allow you to upload JPGs, etc.
Uploading PDFs are allowed, but it's a PITA for the viewer to view an image in PDF.
Here is an easy solution:
  • Click http://imageshack.us/ (bookmark the site). The site allows image hosting (there is no need to register or give up your e-mail)
    • Make sure the Image button is checked, then click BROWSE
    • Navigate to your image, click OPEN
    • Select Resize image then select 320x240 (for websites and email), then click HOST IT.
    • Imageshack thumbnails the image, The viewer has to click on the image to open a new page/tab to see the full image. It is not a big deal and there is no advertising, etc.
    • Please note if you do not resize your image, the result will still be thumbnailed. The image appearing after it is opened may be too large for user's screens, requiring them (depending on the resolution of your camera) to scroll up and down and side to side to see the image. Be kind...resize!
    • Occasionally there is an ad page that is offered to open up when you press HOST IT. Make sure the option to have the page open is unchecked. It doesn't always appear.
    • Copy URL from Thumbnails for forums (the one that starts with [url... not the one that starts with <a ref...).
  • Return to this site
  • Paste the URL onto your post/reply

There may be other image hosting sites that will not thumbnail your image (not sure). This site is free and convenient.

Last edited by haroldo; 02-15-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM

Thank you Sir, I will give that a try. I was trying to download directly. I'm not too good at this computer stuff.

Thanks again.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am not a Sir (I'm not even a sir), but I appreciate your reply, nonetheless. (BTW, when it goes from your computer to the internet, it's UPloading...from the internet to your computer, it's DOWNloading).

Old 07-05-2008, 06:37 PM

See, I told you, I can't even get the phrases correct.

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Attaching pics?

Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Click on the photo in the post and it will open.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 AM
blahhhhhh!

looks nice! I'd like to do this to my car!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM

Thanks, I like the Camry SE look. Too bad Toyota doesn't off the sport package on the hybrid. It was relatively easy to install the kit, the key is to take your time with it. There are several different manufacturers. I would recommend the Razzi kit I installed. It seems like it almost installs itself. It had a very good fit. I ordered it prepainted. What color is your Camry?

Old 07-11-2008, 03:46 AM
blahhhhhh!

mine's magnetic gray. I've seen a couple SEs that color lately and I like how the SEs look, just sporty enough without being too... you know

blingy??

Quick Reply: Posting Pics?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands