Power Windows: auto up & down?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Power Windows: auto up & down?

I recently purchased a 2009 TCH and noticed it only offers an auto-down for the drivers side window only. I am curious if additional features are available in other camry's similar to the sliding center console.

I was wondering: Does the loaded v6 camry offer auto up & down for both passenger/drivers side? Or, do TCH's come with auto up/down on both sides and I missed the option as a part of the package?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Power Windows: auto up & down?

As far as I know, on the 2007-2009 TCH, auto-down on driver's window is the only way they came. The 2010 TCH has all four auto-up/down, and in fact, I believe all 2010 Camrys do. I don't know if you can retro-fit this option.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

I had a 2000 Audi S4 that only had one touch up and down for the front windows, since all 4 windows had the same motor set-up, a simple wiring changed enabled it on all windows. I'm wonder if this is true for the TCH, can anybody look up part numbers?

Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Enthusiast

I've been working with TRDparts.com with no luck. They said there are three part numbers for the TCH; however, there is no way of knowing whether there are additional changes/modifications required for the "auto" function.

I am assuming by your comment, that an auto switch isn't good enough?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

Don't understand your question on auto switch not being good enough. On the Audi a simple wiring change at the window motor, enabled this function.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast

I was saying: if I swap the switch from a normal to one with auto up/down, would that give me the functionality. Based on your reply, the answer is no. I wonder if someone where knows of any car alarm installers who could answer the question. Many times car alarms have auto up/down features/add-on's that allow said capability.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

I was very interested in this too. Unfortunately from looking at some wiring diagrams there is additional wiring for the auto mode and an LED on the one switch that has auto mode. The motors also have different connectors. The one motor has an anti-jam feature too. So this is much more than just changing a wire from one pin to another on the motor. It looks to me like the three motors would have to be changed and additional wiring added, and different switches/connectors installed for the three windows that are non auto up/down. If the 2010 has all four auto up/down maybe the parts could be used, but I do not have access to the wiring diagrams for that year. Seems like too much work/expense to not hold the buttons a little longer.

Dave