Problem with New 2010 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Problem with New 2010 Camry Hybrid

Hi
A week ago I bought a new 2010 Camry Hybrid Fully Loaded with Leather and NAV upgrades. This was to replace my 2008 Toyota Highlander which was totalled in an accident last month.

I drove the TCH for about 100 miles over 4 different trips and the car was parked in my garage in the evening after the last trip. Next day morning the car wouldn't start. The 12 V Battery was fine but the Green READY light would not come on when startign the car(Pressing the START button while depressing the brake pedal).

I had to call the Dealer to get the car towed to their service location. They worked on the car and could not figure out the problem. At the end of the day they said they found the problem and fixed it. They said they found some loose contact in one of the wires in the harness connecting to Onboard computer. They kept the car overnight at their service location to do some more diagnostics before delivering the car to me today. I came home with the car and everything seemed fine.
Then I was searching the Internet for similar problems and found this site.
Here I found the procedure for going in to the Service menu on the NAV Screen. Using this procedure I was able to access the hidden service menu. In this menu I went into DIAGNOSTICS where I saw "CHEK" listed against "A VN". Every other item had OK listed against them. I touched on the CHEK and it listed a diagnostic code "B15C2".

What does this "CHK" against "A VN" indicate?

What does diagnostic code "B15C2" indicate?

I am desperate to find answers my above questions.
Is anyone able to throw more light on this?

Thanks
desiGeek

Last edited by desiGeek; 10-15-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Problem with New 2010 Camry Hybrid

Similar Issue in the thread at
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...tall-help.html

Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've noticed that it can act like this if you hit the buttons too fast. If you don't get the switches in the right sequence, things won't work right. At least, if you do it slowly and it still fails, you can tell the dealer that you were very careful to make sure that this possibility had been eliminated.

The switch on the brake pedal may be less 'sensitive' than the one on the dash.

Just a suggestion, good luck.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Things I check if I have a starting problem. I make sure the dash clock is not lit. I press the brake peddle a few times to see if the green light on the start button lights up. If so, I first press the brake once again, then the start button. If it don't work I check the scan gauge to read the 12 volt battery level in the trunk.

Last night after coming home, I got out of the car and heard a different alert sound coming from the TCH as I stood up. I took a look back inside and the mfd read, Key Not Detected. Evidently the key button detected that when I stepped to the end of the open door. I looked and the dash clock was still lit up. Evidently the engine is still activated. I pressed the start button a few times till the clock light went off. It was then ok.

I also noticed a few times I try to press the door lock button while i'm getting out of the car. The doors refuse to lock. I check and the problem was, I did not have the start button turned off. I press it till the clock goes dark and then the door locks worked ok.

Last edited by rburt07; 10-17-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast

Can any one explain what the diagnostic code "B15C2 " against AVN indicate?