Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Razzi Ground Effects Kit Installation

Darn! Really nice Randy!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Mike, always nice to hear from you.

I've read a couple of your posts, you seem to have a lot of Toyota knowledge.

Any idea where I could get my hands on that Toyota Diagnostic tool I mentioned above? I think I need it to initalize my remote starting system.

Hope you had a good weekend,
Randyman

Last edited by Randyman; 04-14-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Ron,

Just out of curiosity - if you did not get the Nav screen do you still have to Dremel tool the exhaust tip off?

Do you have the Stainless Steel welded extension or the straight pipe out of the muffler?

Good luck post pictures when you are done with your transformation!!,
Randy

Old 04-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randyman
Any idea where I could get my hands on that Toyota Diagnostic tool I mentioned above? I think I need it to initalize my remote starting system.
Hello.

I had once asked someone on these forums (Skywagon I think) about such a diagnostics tool. He has one that would work with most cars and planes. It cost somewhere greater than $2k if I remember correctly. Thus I did not pursue it.

Your dealer might be willing to do the initialization for you if you go there for some other work. I guess it depends on how nice they are!

Sorry I couldn't help more with that one.

Something might show up with a Google search on the subject.

Good luck and let me know what you find. The more knowledge, in this case, the better.

Mike

Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

The car came will all the stuff I listed. And yes, to start the car, it's 2 presses and hold the 3rd press until you see the turn signal lights start to blink for about 10 or 15 times (can't remember since I haven't used it since winter). If it doesn't start blinking, then you'll have to do it again. So, you actually need to be able to see the car to know if it's started.

Thanks for your kind words, I'm pretty happy with the results and I really like this forum. I have learned so much and I realize I can pass along some experience as well.

I saw on your list of attributes that you have a VIP Remote Starter. I just spent a couple of hours installing the Toyota OEM kit. I was really impressed by how great everything fit and all of the precautions they asked their technicians to take (foam tape, wire ties, etc.). I got all the way to registering my smart keys and I got successful confirmation. Then the instructions started describing steps requiring a Toyota Diagnostic Tool. I was so bummed that I could not finish the installation. Did you do it yourself? Did you have to get the tool?

Even if you had the system installed, do you start your car with two presses and then hold the 3rd press for 3 seconds?

Thanks for your kind words; it is so nice to meet other Happy Camry people!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Randyman,

I have the stainless tip. I have Dremels, hole saws, compressors, grinders, saws, drills, impacts, probably anything I will need. I have a pretty extensive workshop. Don't do as much on cars anymore, but when it's needed I'll roll up the sleeves. Brakes, oil changes, tranny fluid changes, etc. I live in the country and you have to be fairly self sufficient.

Maybe that's why I bought the TCH, high tech excuses not to work on it! LOL!!

Can't afford the alot of the mechanic charges at $80 an hour, ouch!

Looking forward to getting started, waiting on parts. I'll let you know how it goes for sure! Should be a nice transformation!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah I agree with you about the $80/hour. Also I am a big DIY guy and I get a lot of enjoyment out of these projects. I must I do so many!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 PM
2nd Driver

Hope this does not add to your list of projects, but this was fun!!!
Randyman
How about telling us about the wood trim kit that I see by the photo you have installed.I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts and comments. Something I've been pondering for a while.

I assume that it's not the Toyota version - and it does look like 'wood', and not just a plastic overlay.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Will,

Aloha!!! It is so nice to hear from paradise!!!

Mahalo for noticing my wood trim – hate to break it to you but that is a peel and stick kit. I bought the Sherwood Dash kit: http://www.sherwooddash.com/ in Rosewood.

Anyway - you must have started something. FLTRN404 just posted a wood dash thread and there are a couple of us who went through the install:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ash-tch-14637/

Have a great night!!
What else is there in Honolulu!!!
Randyman

Old 04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My Razzi kit got delayed. Should have it in a couple of weeks, can't wait to get it installed.

We installed our spoiler, exceptionally easy. The only problem was I lost my socket inside the trunk lid and it took about 1/2 hour to fish it out. BUMMER! Did not have to drill the access holes inside the trunk, that saved a lot of time. Flopshot advised me that I probably would not have to drill them. Thanks to him for the info! Just took my time and was very careful about centerpunching and drilling. Primed, painted, and sealed the holes with gasket eliminator. I was scared to torque the fasteners to the 25lb, worried about stripping the inserts out of the spoiler. They are plenty tight!

Quick Reply: Razzi Ground Effects Kit Installation

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands