Razzi Ground Effects Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Razzi Ground Effects Kit Installation

Hey Ron – so sorry to hear about the delay. I know once you make the leap in your mind and you are ready to go, you wish they could just teleport it to you!!!!

I think you ordered your kit from Razzi (the manufacturer). I ordered mine from Factory Wings: http://www.factorywings.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=24

They got it to me in under two weeks and they did a great job matching the paint for my (our) Barcelona Red. I am sure Razzi will come through for you in a few weeks.

Sounds like you have made good use of your time. I forgot - did you end up going factory spoiler or the custom (Sentra) spoiler?

Also, if you do have some down time, the fog lights is a nice project and it is easier to get under your car before you add the ground effects kit. If you do install them, please post a picture.

Take care,
Randy

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Since we already had it we installed the factory spoiler. Received my fogs last night, one was damaged. I am trying to contact the seller for replacement. Hopefully I can get them installed before I install the Razzi kit also. Still thinking about how to install the wiring, etc. I will try to post some pics.

I doubt that i will get my Razzi kit installed before my vacation the end of May. My help won't be available since he is a dispatcher for the Speedway Police Department (former head of detectives-retired). May is a busy time because of the Indy 500.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Randyman, the front faring seems like it will fit on the car very tightly. It may even scratch the paint under the fairing to get it into the fog light and grill holes? Tips on actually getting the front fairing onto the car?

How much did you deform it to stretch it across the front of the car to fit into the wheel wells? I'm afraid to contort it much. Looks like that will be the biggest hurdle.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Ron,

Congratulations on getting your kit - I am sure you will do an awesome job.

The front fairing fits very tightly and you really want it (and all of the pieces) to be so - no gaps!!!

I think as I was dry fitting, I realized the best way was to "hook one of the wheel wells and stretch it across the front. The fiberglass is very flexible and as soon as the loose side of the fairing clears the edge of the wheel well, the fairing will snap into place. In fact I remember a finger getting caught in there and how hard/painful it was to pull out!!

I would not worry too much about scratching. I don't think it scratched anything, but if it did, it is under the fairing now. Also if anything happens in the future, I'd just get another fairing. Now that the kit is installed, I'd never go back.

Have an awesome vacation and I wish you infinite visibility (vis)!!
Randyman

Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks Randyman. I wondered if it would be easier to do it the way you described or to try to install it by flexing both ends out and raising it from the bottom. Yes, it seems like a very tight fit.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Installed my Razzi kit on June 2nd. Drove it today for the first time, it is beautiful. Paint match is good, and the kit fit wonderfully. They do an excellent job manufacturing it.

Putting the car on four jack stands was definately the ticket. The car was about 15-18 inches off the floor, a definate advantage. I cut the body for the simulated dual exhaust with tin snips, they cut the plastic body very easily.

The hardest part was getting the rear air day in place. I had a buddy come and help. I suggested putting tape in the body where the tell you to measure from (on the body curve) to help get a good measurement. That seemed to help alot. Just put the tape on like you would pinstrip the car, then stand back and compare it by eye from side to side. We spent as much time putting the rear air dam on as we did everything else, but the results were worth it.

The sides and front air dam almost align themselves. I think the stock alloy wheels look better with the ground effects. Chrome wheels would be beautiful.

I need help adding pics, any help?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Thumbs up Re: Razzi Ground Effects Kit Installation

After pics of Razzi installation.

Relatively easy installation, would recommend this kit to others. Nice finished product.

Stopped by to show the car to the salesman I purchased it from and he loved it, sent most of the other salesmen out to see it. They couldn't believe it was not done by a body shop. They also liked the fake exhaust tip, they were asking how I put duals on the hybrid. I told them it was a fake tip. They were very impressed with the looks of the car.

Click on the image to obtain other images, click on them or next to enlarge.