Reached 60k plateau...any services that absolutely need to be done?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Reached 60k plateau...any services that absolutely need to be done?

So I have reached 60k in about 2.5 years (will be 3 in Sept). I have a 2007 TCH and no issues to date. I perform some DIY maintainence on the car regularly such as chaging oil and filter and changing engine and cabin air filters. My concern is that most of the fluids (power steering, etc) might be getting low since I have never changed those since I bought the car. Is there anything that I would need to take the car to the stealer (timing belts, etc), or can I continue to do what I am doing and be fine at 60k? If I do replace fluids, what fluids need to be replenished?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Reached 60k plateau...any services that absolutely need to be done?

I've seen a number of posts that people are recommending changing transmission (transaxle?) fluid around that interval. Can't hurt.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ion-oil-23914/

Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Reached 60k plateau...any services that absolutely need to be done?

The only thing I did that was not covered by your first posts was to change the "transmission" fluid. Didn't take long and was easy to do. I also checked the brake pads (looked new by the way...). All of the other fluids looked fine.

At the 100,000 mile mark, I will flush the brake system (right now the fluid PH checks out fine) and flush the engine coolant and hybrid coolant system. When that is done, I will replace both water pumps and the thermostat as well as the water pump belt.