Rear Deck Rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Malcontent
Default Re: Rear Deck Rattle?

Originally Posted by kluken
Mine were really bad, moderate bass would have back deck buzzing. I jammed some rubber bumpers between third stop light and deck to help, but it still did it, just less frequent. I finally ditched my TCH because the interior build quality was so bad.
I experienced the same thing and it's gone now...at least when playing music while parked in my garage. Unfortunately, I think I drained the 12V battery b/c the car won't power up now. Voltmeter says it's at 10.5V. Good thing I still have my old Camry. I'm going to go get a trickle charger after dinner.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Malcontent

The car was dead quiet today. I think I've experienced and vanquished all the rattles now:

windshield clack
rear deck thunk and rattle
hybrid battery vent rattle
console squeak

Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squint
The car was dead quiet today. I think I've experienced and vanquished all the rattles now:

windshield clack
rear deck thunk and rattle
hybrid battery vent rattle
console squeak
Awesome! This is great news. Could you possibly provide a comprehensive set of instructions or tips?

Thank you for all your hard work!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Electricity Guzzler

I just got my car back from the dealer again. The tech. put an insulation kit on the rear right strut. It was rubbing against the body mount. He also replaced a seat clip. It broke or was broken when he was doing the work. He also had to realign my muffler and exhaust pipe and installed a new front section and gasket for the exhaust pipe. The radio they replaced also cut out on me 4 days later (this past Sunday). It cuts out once in a blue moon when using the steering wheel mode switch from cd to radio. you can see the station and volume control but no sound. They can't get it to repeat. I drove to the dealer 15 min. drive with a dead radio but they were closed at the time. arghh. The amount of warranty work this car has had has been ridiculous. Toyota Canada has offered me no compensation. - not particularly pleased.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Malcontent

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Awesome! This is great news. Could you possibly provide a comprehensive set of instructions or tips?

Thank you for all your hard work!
I'll most certainly post detailed instructions. It might not be until next week though. It'll give me some time to road test the fixes though I doubt the noises are coming back.