Rear seat trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Rear seat trunk release

My rear seat trunk release cable is hanging down. Can some one let me know how and where it's supposed to be attached. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Default Re: Rear seat trunk release

Yeah, up on the rear shelf underbelly.

THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, and they sill didn't fix THAT? Shinjirarei!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM

put some super glu on it, or it will be coming off the bracket almost every time you load your groceries and barely touch it with a bag. What a shame.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Professor Emeritus

Those stupid little things.... Another horrible design problem with this car.

There is a "slot" in the sheet metal on the bottom side of the rear deck. The piece slides in there from the front to the rear and locks in place.

We use the trunk every time we use the car and I was constantly knocking these stupid things down. You can put a little glob of silicone sealant in the "front" of the slot behind the plastic. This will keep them from sliding out. If you ever need to take them out, just remove the little glob of silicone and they slide right out.

Another design problem in the trunk is the cable routing running up the drivers side trunk hinge. They routed the cabling on the "inside" instead of the outside of that arm! So, if you ever decide to cram the trunk full of gear, it rubs on what every thing you put in there and eventually ripping the cabling off the arm. Repositioning the lower cable clip to the other side of the arm cures this problem.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM

don't you know that designers never drive cars they designed or, worse, fix things they designed wrong?