Remote Starter - Dealer installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV
Default Re: Remote Starter - Dealer installed

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
The Camry iGuide shows how to use the Remote Starter.
http://www.toyotaiguide.com/iGuide_CamryHybrid.htm

See the category "Keys and Doors" - "Remote Engine Starter". Operation with the SmartKey is the same as the example shown.

The Remote Starter apparently is available as either a port installed or dealer installed option.

Note: When you unlock the car to get in, the engine will shut off and you'll need to restart it after getting into the car.
Dude that is the OEM system, i am talking about the DEALER INSTALLED system, like viper...

Old 09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rcommander
Dude that is the OEM system, i am talking about the DEALER INSTALLED system, like viper...
??? That is how the "Toyota" dealer installed (and port installed) remote start option works. "Toyota" remote start is not a factory option. It is a port installed or dealer installed option.

I think most Toyota dealers install the Toyota version of Remote Start not a 3rd party (i.e., Viper) version.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
??? That is how the "Toyota" dealer installed (and port installed) remote start option works. "Toyota" remote start is not a factory option. It is a port installed or dealer installed option.

I think most Toyota dealers install the Toyota version of Remote Start not a 3rd party (i.e., Viper) version.
Ok then i think my dealer is a total idiot, he assuared me that there is no way for the dealer to Install a OEM toyota remote start...

Old 09-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rcommander
Ok then i think my dealer is a total idiot, he assuared me that there is no way for the dealer to Install a OEM toyota remote start...
Rcommander, you might want to talk to another Toyota dealer...

The OEM Remote Start hardware is available on eBay from Price Toyota/Scion (New Castle, Delaware) for $330.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-TOYOTA-CAMRY-FACTORY-REMOTE-START-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33724QQihZ018QQitem Z280005081510QQtcZphoto

FYI - The dealer that I've ordered my TCH from wants:
  • $595 (MSRP) for Remote Start - installed (TCH option V4)<
  • $999 (MSRP) for Remote Start & Security System - installed (TCH option QC90)<
I've ordered the Remote Start & Security System and hope that it will be installed on my TCH at the port (SET). The port probably has more experience with the installation.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

plz guys does anyone knows how to use it and sure 100% of the instruction??