RIP-The Unknown TCH Hybrid Engineer-Worked to Death.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default RIP-The Unknown TCH Hybrid Engineer-Worked to Death.

Saddened to learn this gentlemen (unnamed), did not get to see the success of the vehicle we love and that he died creating it.

AP: Japan bureau rules that man died of overwork at 45

Last edited by wdmark; 07-09-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: RIP-The Unknown TCH Hybrid Engineer-Worked to Death.

Follow-up thought to this post given the current thread/poll on TCH annoyances. Given that this dedicated engineer died ahead of the introduction of the Camry Hybrid......I'm thinking that Toyota was unable to have him finish refinements like the placement of the eco button and keeping the gas cap locked while in motion.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast

Here we are, not even japanese engineers, and we figured it out. What impresses me the most, is that they have a special word for 'worked to death'. KAROSHI!!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

According to the article he died of ischaemic heart disease, usually caused by clogged arteries and commonly known as heart attack, most common type of premature death in middle aged adult males, I think. Hard work, lack of exercise and family history could be all contributing factors, but I wouldn't call it working yourself to death, he may as well be sitting home all the time, watching TV, eating hamburgers with similar ending. It is sad, especially for the family but there had to be other factors involved, possibly not going to the doctor when symptoms apeared, due to busy schedule. Friend of a friend's father was feeling very bad, but kept postponing visit to the doctor due to upcoming wedding of his daughter, to make long story short he passed away couple days before wedding, he could have been saved had he seen the doctor as soon as the symptoms apeared, wonder if this wasn't a similar case here.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

There's more than plenty of evidence that points to stress and the related hormonal factors caused by stress that lead to and/or contribute to heart disease. People can be worked to death...