Sherwood Wood Dash Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sherwood Wood Dash Kit Installation

Originally Posted by Randyman
Since you installed a Sherwood kit before did you have the problems I had – or am I just a spaz!!!!
Well I didn't buy two kits like you did...I just ended up with a few "extra" parts left over... and some very glossy burlwood toothpicks! Fit twice and stick once is the mantra for this install...

Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedLdr1
... and some very glossy burlwood toothpicks! Fit twice and stick once is the mantra for this install...
That explains the really nice Rosewood coasters I have!!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Hey Randy,

I was actually being sarcastic. No way would I expect someone to come down here and do something like that.

Below is a link to a device that installs on the rear of the head unit and allows for full control of the IPOD through the radio\nav and works with the steering wheel controls. I am saving up for it as I have a nice sized "wish" list.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...8765QQtcZphoto

Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Dan,

That is pretty cool. I installed a similar one, but it used the Satellite Radio input cable and controlled using the Satellite Screen. That one seemed a little impractical because the big Preset Station Buttons were used for the 6 playlists and the song title and artists were tiny letters on top of the screen.

The photos from the manufacturer look like the CD screen was a better choice.

Good Luck and start a thread once you get it installed!!
Randyman

Last edited by Randyman; 04-17-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Driving in stealth mode

FYI Supposedly it is recognized as a second CD player. It will have it's own screen so won't use up space or options from anything else.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, I install kits professionally for new car dealers and I agree the Camry kit does have some difficult points of installation. Especially around the doors panels. If your not careful you can cause the inside edges to ripple around the opener. A molded dash kit is more suitable for the camry. However sherwood's molded kit does not fit the hybrid without purchasing flat upgrade kits. Or you can purchase the flat kit 2471 and the molded kit 2491 which has the molded door panels. In my opinion the 2471 and 2491 is the way to go. The doors are really the only panels that need to be molded.

I'm suprised you weren't able to buy individual pc's. I offer individual pc's for a nominal charge to customers who purchase a sherwood kit from my website www.wooddashpros.com and have a mishap during the installation. I realize you bought real rosewood so there may have been a chance of color or grain variation but it appears minimal. With simulated materials 100% percent color match is not an issue when replacing damaged parts. If I can assist anyone with installation questions or kit options contact me.

Installation Video
http://www.wooddashpros.com/store/in...p=installation

Camry Gallery
http://www.wooddashpro.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=12

Discount Coupon
http://www.wooddashpros.com/store/in...scount_coupons

Last edited by wooddashpro; 04-19-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Ok. Now I feel like an idiot and have decided that I will not venture into this mod....even though I really like it. I thought that the wood pieces replaced the existing trim. Now I see that they just install on top of the existing trim. Randy you want to fly to Illinois and do this one for me? Yours looks great.

By the way inquiring minds wants to know what that **** is by the gear shifter.
If you want replacements check out custom dash dipping!

http://www.wooddashpros.com/store/in...m_dash_dipping

Old 04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wooddashpro
Hi, I install kits professionally for new car dealers
Hey Mark,

Thanks for replying. The guys I bought from basically sold everything, not just dash kits. So they were not about to take the time and stock or provide extra pieces. Like many things in life, this will have to go under "If I had only known"!! I had half a dash installed and I needed to finish. I did this about a year ago, so I am not sure why I did not find you guys. Then again, a year ago I did not know about this forum either. Now everyone will know they have options!!!!

You've set up a nice website and I hope business is good. I especially like the instrucitonal video - is that you or was it provided by Sherwood? BTW, what is "dipping"?

Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast

The video is sherwood's. I did make a video for a manufacturer along time ago for training purposes. But I never got a copy. The sherwood video is good but needs to be more detailed in technique. I wasnt on the web a year ago. But I've been doing this for almost twenty years. Thanks, Mark

Dipping is a film transfer system that allows us to apply a film coating to any hard surface. The grain is suspended in a disolving sheet. When the sheet is place on top of water in a special tank the sheet disolves and the grain floats on the water, similiar to an oil slick. Then the part to be grained is pushed through the the grain and the water pressure from pushing the part through the water forces the grain around the part. The parts are then rinsed and after drying are clear coated.
When I first saw this process the first thing I had dipped were a couple shimano curado fishing reels.

http://www.wooddashpros.com/store/in...m_dash_dipping

Last edited by wooddashpro; 04-20-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

OK - with regard to dipping? The pictures in your gallery look beautiful. Do people just leave you their cars and over a weekend and you treat various dash components?

Quick Reply: Sherwood Wood Dash Kit Installation

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands