Sherwood Wood Dash Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sherwood Wood Dash Kit Installation

Looks like I know what I'll be doing tonight. I hope I still have all of those!!

Ralph - I'll have photos back up by tomorrow I hope.

Thanks Larry!!!!!

Last edited by Randyman; 05-14-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Ralph, hopefully I will have pictures back up by tomorrow.

As for the install, I think I blew one of the handles but then I learned enough to finish the rest OK. Just review the video link and remember to hit all of the pieces with a heat gun to soften them up. Practice a bunch of times and then prep, peel and stick.

Speak to you later,
Randy

Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randyman
Hey Ralph, hopefully I will have pictures back up by tomorrow.

As for the install, I think I blew one of the handles but then I learned enough to finish the rest OK. Just review the video link and remember to hit all of the pieces with a heat gun to soften them up. Practice a bunch of times and then prep, peel and stick.

Speak to you later,
Randy
Hey guys, as for the door panels your better off not heating them to much. Just slightly then dry fit the part on to the panel and hold it their for a few seconds as the pc cools off it will hold the shape. Then you can stick it. I start around the switch as I hold the rest of the pc away from the panel. Then roll the pc into the bend and work it in and around the top edge.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

I just installed a Sherwood dash in birdseye in my Camry Hybrid. I also added the birdseye steering wheel as well which is a very nice upgrade in my opinion. I randomly picked http://www.wooddashpros.com/ and was quite impressed by the buying experience. The owner, Mark, threw in a couple of free pieces and replaced one for a reasonable price after I made a mistake. His overall prices seem to be equal or less than other websites and his customer service is about as good as I could imagine. Check out my album for pics...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...nc-albums.html

Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Did the kit include the pieces on the steering wheel?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Enthusiast

The original kit includes most of the door handle and radio pieces. There was an upgrade kit which include the trim around the speedo and above the clock (Mark gave me a good discount on this as he had extra pieces). Lastly, I added the steering wheel which is a completely new steering weel - you take off the old one and put the new one on with only the middle airbag portion staying put (a good thing about that is that the pieces on the steering wheel are much more firm which is nice considering the fact that your hands are regularly in contact with them).