Something else I'd change if I could.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Something else I'd change if I could.

My TCH, Mag Grey, Leather, NAV has BUTT warmers. I had not used them until last weekends cold snap. I turned it on.. WOW HOT !!. Couldn't leave it on very long. I wish there were some kind of temperature control on it.
Do they shut themselves off? Incidentally, this is the first car I have ever had with BW (to coin a new acronym!).
Anyone else tried them out if you have them?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Something else I'd change if I could.

I wish the heat came from the lower back part of the seat, as well as the bottom! And yes some type of heat adjustment would be nice. My previous vehicle (chevy truck) had leather bucket seats that were heated in the bottom and lower back and the chevy had 3 levels of heat too.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WillyBill
My TCH, Mag Grey, Leather, NAV has BUTT warmers. I had not used them until last weekends cold snap. I turned it on.. WOW HOT !!. Couldn't leave it on very long. I wish there were some kind of temperature control on it.
Do they shut themselves off? Incidentally, this is the first car I have ever had with BW (to coin a new acronym!).
Anyone else tried them out if you have them?
The seat warmers DO cycle on and off. After the first few minutes (I think it's about 5 minutes), the heaters either turn off or shift to low heat for about 5 to 8 minutes, then toast your a-hem for about 2 to 3 minutes then repeat the cycle of off/low power mode -> high power. This data was gleamed from another thread on this forum. (search = seat warmer).

Right after I first received my car, I tried out the seat warmers and was concerned about the heat they put out and it seemed like they wouldn't cut off, so I manually turned them off. A few weeks ago, during one of our wet, cool days, I had an opportunity to give the warmers a real work-out. They work great. If you're not ready for the pronounced cycling, you might think that the blew a fuse because of how it cycles from OMG hot to "what happened to the heat".

I think that here, just south of D.C., like y'all in Indianapolis, I'll get to put the seat warmers to the test this winter.

Last edited by JHSmith; 10-18-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlesc
I wish the heat came from the lower back part of the seat, as well as the bottom!
Hi Charles,

The lower back part of the seats do get warm. I couldn't feel the heat either so just to make sure, I removed my jacket and was able to feel the lower back area get warm.