Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by tjd24
I do find that the passenger seat belt is a big culprit when not straight & in-position - it often gets a bit twisted & then taps the side door panel.
Indeed. I also have a slight squeak from the driver side belt moving a little during driving. It needs to be oiled but I don't know how to get in there. Otherwise, I do get a little noise from the driver side door with bass and the passenger vent rattles off and on with no obvious cause or solution.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

My TCH has developed the creaking sound inside the dash, passenger side. I asked the service guy about at my last oil change and he said there is a TSB for it. But he also revealed how they have to disassemble the entire dash to get at it. It amounts to some felt things that keep 2 pieces of plastic sliding smoothly, as opposed to the creaking sound I hear. IMO they could easily cause more problems than they solve by taking my dash apart and personally I can live with the sounds...gives the car a little charactor. If a few creaks bother me I just crank the tunes.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ckw_64
If a few creaks bother me I just crank the tunes.
Amen.