Sprint pcs and Katana phone

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 AM
old fart
Default Sprint pcs and Katana phone

I have a katana phone and sprint pcs and have no problems with the phone or motorola h700 bluetooth headset.when i use the camry bluetooth people say i am breaking up. Toyota replaced the radio as bluetooth is built in and must be replaced as a unit.Still same problems.
I have checked threads and find no one else having this problem or they havnt posted the problem.
any one else having this problem? I tried a cingular phone and no problem but would rather solve the problem and not switch.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sprint pcs and Katana phone

I have a Sprint Katana too, but I don't have any problems.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I also have a Sprint Katana and have had no reports of breaking up.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've got a Katana too... No problems...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

my wife has a sony ericsson with Cingular and she has the same problem we only have about 700 miles on the car. I think there is a hidden screen that will allow you to adjust the Bluetooth settings.

Scott

Old 02-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have sprint pcs and a samsung A640.

Be careful if you adjust any of the hidden settings...I figured i would, and ended up going back to factory default settings, with just a +1 adjustment to one of the volume settings. I had done some trial and error, thought i had it good, and repeadly, when i made an outgoing call, most people would just hang up on me, saying there was too much noise on the line to even begin to carry on a conversation.

Guess my trail and error procedue was flawed...at any rate, it is first rate now....

Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here's a link to the discussion thread re bluetooth settings (w/ nav).
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=11211

Just a thought... Where do you keep your phone when you get into the car? If you keep it your left trouser pocket, it may be having difficulty getting a good signal. What if you place the phone near the center console?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
old fart

I have done everything to get it working but they say i am breaking up.Looks like i am the only one so far having this problem.back to the drawing board

Old 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think the distance from your phone to the NAV unit is that critical. I have a RAZR phone and on many occasions I have sat my car in the garage getting ready to leave and the bluetooth connections state it's successful.. Only later did I find that I left my phone on my desk upstairs. Has to be about 25-30 feet as the bugs crawl.. But the initial connection was made - it drops out in the driveway..

Last edited by KC Rusty; 02-03-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by KC Rusty
I can't range of distance from your phone to the NAV unit is that critical. I have a RAZR phone and on many occasions I have sat my car in the garage getting ready to leave and the bluetooth connections state it's successful.. Only later did I find that I left my phone on my desk upstairs. Has to be about 25-30 feet as the bugs crawl.. But the initial connection was made - it drops out in the driveway..
I think you have a good point. I have a Palm Treo 700p, and when it's on my belt, everything's fine. When it's in my gym bag in the trunk, callers tell me they have a hard time hearing me.

Quick Reply: Sprint pcs and Katana phone

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands