Suggestions for Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Suggestions for Tires??

To All,

I have read through a number of the previous posts regarding tires and I am still confused as to what would be the most ideal purchase. I have the original Bridgestones and they have not held up very well.

I am looking for another high quality brand that will not hurt the fuel economy.

Do you have any suggestions?

I truly appreciate all your help!

Bill

Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Suggestions for Tires??

My favorite is michelin. The Energy mxv4 S8 has been popular in the so far. Michelin brought out a new improved tire that last longer. It's called the Primacy mxv4. The HR speed rating would cost less. Try this tirerack home page and choose by vehicle at the top. Best sellers, all tires that fit this car. You can also choose Tire Reviews at the top and read what other users say about any brand of tires. This site has some really good information.

tirerack.com/

Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Old Boomer Techie

I agree, The Michelin Energy or Primacy are both LRR and IMHO have much better wear than the Bridgestones. Also watch for the release of a new tire from Michelin called the Energy Saver (not to be confused with the Energy S8). Right now its only availble in Europe, and only on a few cars. On the cars (initially Peugot), the reported FE improvements are pretty dramatic. It may come out in the US within the Primacy line according to some contacts I have in Europe.

Michelin Energy Saver Link = http://www.michelin.com/corporate/ac...e=58&actu=true

Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Along for the ride.....

I disliked my bridgestones and like my new michelins. Check tirerack as they sometimes have great pricing and will ship to installers so no handling on your part.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Michelin hands down. I had the dealer swap out the Bridgestones @ 300 miles. Michelin last longer and rides better.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

Today I bought Michelin Primacy MXV4's based on recommendations from previous tire threads in this forum. I too hated the Bridgestones which were noisy with poor handling especially as they got older. The new tires are quiet and seem to handle very well. I got the V rated tires to get the stronger sidewall so they would stay firmer in cornering.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FastMover
I agree, The Michelin Energy or Primacy are both LRR and IMHO have much better wear than the Bridgestones. Also watch for the release of a new tire from Michelin called the Energy Saver (not to be confused with the Energy S8). Right now its only availble in Europe, and only on a few cars. On the cars (initially Peugot), the reported FE improvements are pretty dramatic. It may come out in the US within the Primacy line according to some contacts I have in Europe.

Michelin Energy Saver Link = http://www.michelin.com/corporate/ac...e=58&actu=true
I had contacted Michelin earlier this year and per their reply to my question, the Primacy is NOT LRR, but has 60k tread wear warranty where the Energy MXV doesn't

Old 07-27-2008, 03:50 AM
Hybrid Head

I now live in Denver CO. and had to get my OEM tires replaced when it started to snow. Decided to go with Goodyear Tripletred tires. Awesome set of tires with 80,000 mile warranty.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Michelin MXVS LRR's are the only tires i would use. Until they come up with a better performing tire with better LRR qualities, i think it is the ONLY choice. I agree with everyone on that.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TCHandler
I now live in Denver CO. and had to get my OEM tires replaced when it started to snow. Decided to go with Goodyear Tripletred tires. Awesome set of tires with 80,000 mile warranty.
You got a very popular Goodyear tire in the Tripletred. I did not look but I think it is highly rated in snow and ice. That is a great choice for Colorado.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Tires??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands