TCH color availability

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default TCH color availability

My new TCH is on order, but I had to settle for one in Metallic Gray. The only colors that were available to me in Chicago were Metallic Gray, Black (seems like they are making a TON of those), Barcelona Red or Desert Sand.

I was wondering if anyone in Northern Illinois/Indiana has had any luck getting or ordering one in Blue Ribbon Metallic? I was told that it might be a "regional color", that is, only available in select markets. If you have a blue TCH, where do you live?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH color availability

Hi,

Sorry I don't own one, however have been eyeing them, and the blue is the color I want too. I do live in the chicago area, and on my commute down 94 do frequently see a blue TCH coming down from wisconsin, with wisc. plates. I also have noticed that all the dealerships around me are selling the black, gray, silver, and white ones.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

I had a similar problem when I bought my TCH 1.5 months ago. I actually wanted Metallic Gray or Silver but ended up with Black. In my case, I wanted the non-Nav, non-Moonroof, non-Leather version. Apparently, they don't make very many of those. I guess they figure people willing to pay extra for a hybird are also more willing to pay for upgrades. As expected, the black car needs much more frequent washings because dirt is so very visible. In my searching (online and at dealerships), I don't think I saw more than 1-2 blue TCHs in the Chicagoland area.

--A2K

Old 05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

Hi,

In the Boston area, Silver, Sand, and White seem to predominate. Magnetic Gray less so, but still more common than some of the others.

We bought a Blue Ribbon '07 last year and we're adding a Magnetic Gray '09 this Saturday... just signed the paperwork a few days ago.

The Blue Ribbon color seems to be pretty rare here. Of course, they are ALL rare here now. Almost every TCH in Eastern Massachusetts has disappeared in the past month, particularly the "loaded" ones.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast

09 blue ribbon cloth pkg, non-nav. south central, indiana

Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Camry Freak

I got my Blue Ribbon Metallic Camry last February in Milwaukee. (Which is a bit north of you, but still close)

My dealer didn't have any on the lot- but transfered one from across the state.

Your dealer might just be leading you on. Blue Ribbon Metallic IS available in your area- (when they actually have cars available). It's not a very widely produced color around these parts, but they do show up from time-to-time. (Most of them around here are gray, silver, or red)

Right now the market is extremely tight for Camry Hybrids- most dealers have very few available.

Right now (5/28/08), the dealers around SE Wisconsin have:

Wilde Toyota: One, in gray
Don Jacobs Toyota: One, in gray
Andrew Toyota: three, one in red, one in beige, one in jasper
Jack Safro Toyota: four, one in silver, two in gray, one in beige
Heiser Toyota: five, one in white, two in silver, one in red, one in gray.

Good Luck!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Metallic Grey seems to be the most popular Camry color in the Southeast. After seventeen years of tan/sand/chanpaign cars I was in for a change and love the MagGrey w/Grey Leather interior. 17 months and 17k miles in the flawless J built car. You'll love it.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
4th Toyota

I got my Blue Ribbon Metallic last April in Omaha, NE. and it was the only one in a two hundred mile range. At that time there were 2 or 3 in the Kansas city area but the dealer said he could give me a better price on the one on his lot.
I just love the deep blue color and have received a few compliments about it.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast

I bought an 09 Sky Blue Pearl a week and a half ago. We were looking for Jasper Green but had absolutely no luck there. We did see several Blue Ribbon in the Dallas area but weren't really interested in that color. We had to look pretty hard to find the Sky Blue. Lots of Barcelona Red, Desert Sand and Black around though.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks to all for the feedback. I'm giving up my beautiful blue '07 Highlander (15-16 mpg, city) for this car and just wanted to be sure that there weren't a bunch of blue TCH's hiding somewhere in the Midwest! Before the Highlander, my previous 3 cars were silver so the blue was a nice change. But believe me, I can live with Mag Gray considering the gas mileage I'll be getting.
I wasn't crazy about the Barcelona Red...the finish looked a little dull, IMHO. Jasper green isn't for me, and the Desert Sand looks like the cars my Dad used to own. Black is totally out of the question for me...shows dirt too quickly, so Mag Gray it is.
This is a great board, and everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: TCH color availability

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands