TCH stock wheels/tires for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Exclamation TCH stock wheels/tires for sale

I wish there were a classified section to the GH website. I guess with all the various makes of hybrids, it might get a little crazy and unorganized, but it still would be a nice feature.

Anyway, I received my 18" Lexus GS430 wheels yesterday and will get the tires mounted up shortly, so I'm selling my stock TCH 16" wheels and tires since I don't have room to store them. I'm doubtful that anyone reading this forum would want them, since everyone already have the same wheels. But maybe somebody would like a second set of wheels for snow tires, and then you will also have a slightly used (6k miles) set of Michelins waiting for you when your existing tires wear out. Or if you have another Camry with steel rims, this would be a nice upgrade. I'm asking $700 for the set (plus actual shipping costs to your location), which I'm sure you are all aware is less than the price of the 4 Michelins without the wheels. There are no TPMS sensors or center caps included in this package (although I will throw in 4 Lexus center caps if you want them, they came with the GS430 wheels) and the wheels are in perfect condition (no scratches or curb rash). If you are near SF, you are welcome to pick them up.

Anyone interested can send me a PM. I can send pictures, although you all should know what they look like!

Last edited by flopshot; 10-22-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH stock wheels/tires for sale

I am also very interested in getting 18' wheels for my TCH. Any concerns with specs/weight of the new set?

Old 10-21-2006, 03:25 PM

Depends on what you are "concerned" about. The 18" wheels are definitely heavier, and the wider tire means more road contact, so I expect to lose at least 1-2mpg on FE. I am not concerned with that. If highest achievable FE was your primary goal for selecting a TCH, then don't upgrade your wheels. Also, with larger heavier wheels, my braking distance will probably increase, since I am not installing larger brakes. Again, I am not concerned with that, since I don't drive like a madman anyway (and the TCH won't let me drive that way regardless).

I have one person already interested in the wheels, but no firm offer yet. The wheels are now listed on Ebay with pictures, but still taking offers here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by flopshot; 10-22-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by flopshot
Also, with larger heavier wheels, my braking distance will probably increase, since I am not installing larger brakes. Again, I am not concerned with that, since I don't drive like a madman anyway (and the TCH won't let me drive that way regardless).
I would argue with your conclusion about breaks. TCH breaks are fully capable of locking all wheels solid, so what do you need bigger breaks for? Your breaking distance is limited by tires, bigger tires = better grip = better stopping distance. Bigger breaks will dissipate more heat so they won't fade as fast under prolonged breaking conditions, like long down hill or racing, but I don't think they're limiting factor in normal driving. And what do you mean TCH won't let you drive like a madman??? My TCH never interferes with my driving, it's the cops and other drivers that usually stand in the way.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am wondering if the larger tyres affect the calibration of the speedometer/odometer or if is there a way to correct for this?

Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Paulgw
I am wondering if the larger tyres affect the calibration of the speedometer/odometer or if is there a way to correct for this?
Search this forum for "speedometer error" and "odometer error", there are many many topics regarding this and how you can impact your speedometer/odometer with different tire sizes. I am going with a 4.2% larger diameter tire on purpose for the reasons supplied in other posts (I'm not going to rehash them again).

Old 11-01-2006, 11:42 AM

For anyone interested, the wheels and tires are now separate items for sale. (Had a local guy that wanted to buy the tires, so I had the tire shop break everything apart, then he flaked on me.) So if any of you northern guys need a second set of alloy wheels for your snow tires, then I will let the wheels go for $350 plus shipping. Anybody that wants the "almost new" Michelin tires to save as their next set of tires can have them for $450 plus shipping (you will pay Costco or Americas Tire about $650 for a set brand new), although I would really prefer to have a local pickup near San Jose, CA. I will still offer the discounted price of $700 plus shipping for all of it, but now you will need to have someone remount the tires for you. These items are going to hit EBay soon so PM me if interested.

Last edited by flopshot; 11-01-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Decent deal Flopshot. I'm all the way across the country. If I were local I'd pick up the tires as a spare set. Good to see you're selling them at a fair price.

Best of luck