TCH suspension upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default TCH suspension upgrades?

I'm not fond of the overly soft suspension on my TCH. It leans, it dives; it basically sucks, and probably doesn't take the extra weight of the hybrid system into account.

The 2007 Camry SE I test drove had noticeably better handling thanks to Toyota's beefed up suspension parts on that model. A call to my Toyota dealer revealed that SE struts were $160ea, SE springs around $60ea, and installation a whopping $1000.. way too much to put into a car I'm leasing for 36-months.

I then tried the aftermarket but all the usual suspects like KYB and Koni don't yet address the 07 Camry. Does anyone know of any non-factory suspension mods to improve handling?

Last edited by nathanso; 09-11-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: TCH suspension upgrades?

Surely you can find the Toyota parts online cheaper, and take them to a local (non-dealer) shop for installation. Or just trade for a BMW M5.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH suspension upgrades?

Was the SE suspension part #'s actually different than the hybrid ones? I too find the suspension way too soft. It's like driving a sofa.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 AM

For people considering a purchase read these posts carefully. I never considered this car to be a sport sedan and I'm very happy with it. But if that's what you're looking for you'd probably be best off looking elsewhere. If you want a hybrid the Honda Accord might be a better choice.

BTW, I test drove the Camry SE. It is slightly sportier than the hybrid, but if performance is what I were after it would not have made me stop my search.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nathanso
I'm not fond of the overly soft suspension on my TCH. It leans, it dives; it basically sucks, and probably doesn't take the extra weight of the hybrid system into account.

The 2007 Camry SE I test drove had noticeably better handling thanks to Toyota's beefed up suspension parts on that model. A call to my Toyota dealer revealed that SE struts were $160ea, SE springs around $60ea, and installation a whopping $1000.. way too much to put into a car I'm leasing for 36-months.

I then tried the aftermarket but all the usual suspects like KYB and Koni don't yet address the 07 Camry. Does anyone know of any non-factory suspension mods to improve handling?
I see you lease your car, did you get the $2600 tax credit or did dealer get that?

Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
I see you lease your car, did you get the $2600 tax credit or did dealer get that?
I didn't get it, and I've been wondering about that. I researched the web and this site but cound't find info regarding the tax credit for leases. Our company's accountant didn't know either. Does anyone here know?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by nathanso
I didn't get it, and I've been wondering about that. I researched the web and this site but cound't find info regarding the tax credit for leases. Our company's accountant didn't know either. Does anyone here know?
"The deduction is only available to the original purchaser of a new, qualifying vehicle. If a qualifying vehicle is leased to a consumer, the leasing company may claim the credit."

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...157632,00.html

Sorry...

Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I find that the suspension crashes badly over pot holes and rough roads. I am a little less than pleased with it.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by jbollt
"The deduction is only available to the original purchaser of a new, qualifying vehicle. If a qualifying vehicle is leased to a consumer, the leasing company may claim the credit."

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...157632,00.html

Sorry...
Good link. If anyone is looking to lease a TCH they should negotiate with this piece of info in hand and use it to get the leasing company to lower the payment.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast

To get this thread back on track.. does anyone know of a source for aftermarket struts or springs for the'07 TCH? Alternately, can anyone recommend a source for discount genuine Toyota parts?

Quick Reply: TCH suspension upgrades?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands