Thanks for the tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Thanks for the tips

Thanks to everyone on this website who posted tips on getting the most out of the TCH. I picked mine up tonight and I actually knew way more than the salesman about the car because of everything I've read on this website. Mahalo and keep it up!

Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Thanks for the tips

So did you splurge for the Nav option?

Old 06-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: Thanks for the tips

No I didn't splurge on the navigation system...I live on an island and can't say that it would be money well spent! The display screen that comes with the base model is actually pretty good; I've just left it on the screen that shows whether you are using gas, electric, etc. And I have applied one tip I learned from this website - to stay in the electric mode when you are at about 40 mph, you have to accelerate, let up and then press the accelerator down just slightly. I would have thought just keeping your foot off the gas at that speed would put it in the electric mode but it doesn't. At least that's what I've found so far but I've only driven it twice!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Thanks for the tips

Noting that you got Jasper Pearl, many people would love to see some home pics of your new arrival, showing the car's unusual color in various light and shadow conditions.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Steve, he put pics in the Share Photo section... go look, it's sooooo pretty .

Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Thanks for the tips

Congrats, I think the color looks nice. One question... I noticed that your interior pic has an upside-down steering wheel... was that a factory option in Hawaii? <grin>

I assume there will be a rush by *certain* TCH owners to name their cars... hmmm, Casper? No... JASPER, the friendly green, Who will get the first personalized Jasper plate?

Old 06-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually I haven't been able to upload my pictures yet! I've been trying but I keep getting kicked out. I wanted to get a picture of the car with the beach or Diamond Head or something cool in the background but alas, I was too tired to make the effort so the background is only driveway, if I ever get the pictures uploaded.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Congrats, I think the color looks nice. One question... I noticed that your interior pic has an upside-down steering wheel... was that a factory option in Hawaii? <grin>
actually, that was a different user (JasperPearl) who has the Jasper Pearl with the "upside down" steering wheel, not GreenHawaii ...

Old 06-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I thought those were GreenHawaii's too! Two Jasper Pearl's showed up at the same time . I'm so glad that JasperPearl and GreenHawaii both posted pictures. I do like the color.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Camry Hybrid Owner
Smile Re: Thanks for the tips

About the "upside down" steering wheel.

Amazed that anyone noticed!

(Wheel was turned during the pic). LOL

Car is wonderful. Getting many comments about the color.

Mileage average increasing. Learning how to drive "green".

(Current average 35.2 with 150 miles on the car)