They can't hear us coming...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
it's just a car...
Default They can't hear us coming...

...when I brought my TCH home the first time, I noticed our local family of deer just looked at me instead of running away. It was surreal the way they turned their heads as if to get a good look. For 30 years, deer have been running out of my path as I drove into my driveway. I will have to remember to go a bit slower from now on.

Last week, I was demonstrating e-mode for my brother oh his suburban flat land street. Children were going the same direction on bikes and as we rolled along just under 20 mph. Remembering the deer, I was extra-cautious. When I got within a few feet of the nearest bike, the child decided to make a u-turn into my path. I stopped short and she came to a full stop, facing me big-eyed as if Imy car had materialized from another dimension.

With the windows up and the AC fan on, it's easy to forget how quiet the TCH is to outsiders...

Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: They can't hear us coming...

My biggest adjustment is waiting for the "Ready" light. I'm so used to turning the engine on then moving the selector out of Park after hearing the engine start, that now sound is no longer a cue. A couple of times now I've shifted too fast and got the MFD warning telling me to be in Park before starting.

I've also reached for the keys to turn off too a couple of times...